3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2013 11:52 AM by A.T. Romano

Windows taskbar at top of screen: Premiere menu hidden. How do I re-size Premiere window?

johnhhyhjazz

My Windows setup is to have the taskbar at the top of the screen.

Premiere Elements (and Photoshop Elements) both open with their menus hidden behind the taskbar and don't appear to allow themselves to be resized. I can access the menus by typing ALT.

How can I get Premiere to resize itself when opening to recognise the taskbar at the top?

Menus behind Taskbar.png

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Windows taskbar at top of screen: Premiere menu hidden. How do I re-size Premiere window?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

johnhhyhjazz

What version of Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system are they running?

Be that as it may, I do not see that what you seek is possible, that is,

get Premiere to resize itself when opening to recognise the taskbar at the top

I have looked at this for Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit. Although I can setup (1) resize the Premiere Elements window (2) move the unlocked Taskbar to the top, and place everything so the the Taskbar is a the top and the Premiere Elements menus are showing, it does not stay that way after I close, reopen the program. And, I am not sure what you meant by type ALT to get at the menus. I was unsuccessful in doing that.

That ALT may be your answer. If so, we would appreciate the details for accomplishing that.

I did not find any keyboard shortcuts for getting menus to pop up using that approach.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Windows taskbar at top of screen: Premiere menu hidden. How do I re-size Premiere window?
            johnhhyhjazz Level 1

Thanks AT,

I'm running Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

A workaround I encountered after my post is to type SHIFT+WIN+LEFT ARROW to move Premiere Elements to a second display. The application doesn't actually move to the other screen, but when it re-renders itself on the primary display, it recognises that the taskbar is on the top of the screen and shows the Premiere Elements menus below (rather than behind) the taskbar.

Cheers,

JH

PS - the earlier ALT workaround I referred to (when the menus showed-up behind the taskbar) was to type ALT and then use the arrow keys to manually navigate the application menus.

• 3. Re: Windows taskbar at top of screen: Premiere menu hidden. How do I re-size Premiere window?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

johnhhyhjazz

Thanks for the follow up.

I have Premiere Elements 11 on both Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit. I will give what you suggest a try.

It may be the only way to go for those who opt to have the Taskbar at the top of the screen.

I will report back later.

ATR