5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2013 10:52 AM by A.T. Romano

I am having a hard time signing in to Premier Elements 9...

Jestevens03

Every time I try to sign in, I get an error message that says "Photoshop.com services are currently unavailable. Please try again later or check network connections. Error 400." Can someone please help me?

• 1. Re: I am having a hard time signing in to Premier Elements 9...
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jestevens03

Do not attempt to sign in, Ignore the message, cancel out of it, and move on in the program. Photoshop.com is no longer available for Premiere Elements any version.

This has been addressed previously.

If what I suggest is not applicable to your situation, then please let us know and we will rethink to the specifics of your situation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I am having a hard time signing in to Premier Elements 9...
            Jestevens03 Level 1

When I go into the Premier Elements without signing in and I try to make an InstantMovie, the "sign in" screen comes on and I get a perpetual "signing in" response...any ideas about what to do for this?

• 3. Re: I am having a hard time signing in to Premier Elements 9...
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jestevvens03

Good news that you got beyond the first sign in by ignoring it and hitting Cancel.

What I suspect is happening in the Instant Movie section is that you are selecting a Instant Movie theme with a blue band in the upper right corner of the theme's thumbnail. The blue band indicates that you have selected a photoshop.com plus member only theme. They do not exist any more.

Please let us know if that is what you did. The only remedy for this in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 is to select another theme that does not have the blue band in the upper right corner of the theme's thumbnail.

Please view and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: I am having a hard time signing in to Premier Elements 9...
                nealeh Level 5

Comprehensive instructions for resolving the photoshop.com sign in problem can be found here:

PSE 8, 9, 10 Can’t Sign In, Error 404

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 5. Re: I am having a hard time signing in to Premier Elements 9...
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jestevens03

Please let us know how you are doing with the Instant Movie issue now that you have resolved the "no need to sign in" for your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 issue.

Although nealeh's link is addressing PSE (Photoshop Elements), in principle, the same principles are involved for Premiere Elements.

Avoiding the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Welcome Screen is indeed possible. You can do it the following way...

Go to the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Desktop icon, right click it, select Properties, followed by Open File Location.

That should take you to Adobe Premiere Elements 9.exe. To bypass the Welcome Screen, you want to use the target as Adobe Premiere Elements.exe instead. Right click, the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, select Sent to:, followed by Desktop (Create Shortcut). The shortcut will automatically appear on the Desktop.

Use this Desktop Shortcut to open the program, bypassing the Welcome Screen.

But, when all is said and done, you seem to have gotten into the program OK by ignoring/cancelling out of the Sign In and associated photoshop.com. Your current issue appears to be in Instant Movie and these types of messages. Please let me know if I have targeted that matter as detailed in my post 3.

If the photoshop.com plus theme choice is at the core of the matter, then you will have to select a non photoshop.com plus theme. Interestingly, you will find that many of these 9.0/9.0.1 themes come free in versions starting with 11 after photoshop.com plus or otherwise is no longer part of the workflow.

Thanks.

ATR