1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2013 4:25 AM by vshanker

It is possible?

Lilan

Hello,

I am starting to work with Adobe LiveCycle, and I would like to know if it is possible to obtain automatically (having as source a XML file) a PDF that contains a list with variable number of elements. In addition, I only want to show it in case that these elements are in the XML file.

I mean, if I have this XML code:

<Other>

<Document>

<DocType> Drama </DocType>

<DocType> History </DocType>

<DocType> Fiction </DocType>

</Document>

</Other>

I would like that the PDF show the next:

Documents Types:

Drama

History

Fiction

But in case that the XML doesn't have anything in this part, I don't want to show anything.

I was reading the help and some tutorials... So I decide to insert a subform named Document with a content flowed, and I set the data binding with the route. Something like this: $record. ... .Document

Also, I have another subform named DocType, wrapped in the previous one, and in the data binding I set: DocType[*]

But, this doesn't work...

Thanks in advance!!

• 1. Re: It is possible?
          vshanker Level 1

Hi,

Are you using LiveCycle forms services to render the XDP(Form)? or simply designing the form and previewing it in designer itself/

If you want to bind the fields of form to specific data, you may need to use XSD(schema file) and then the data xml can be merged to produce the results.

It seesm that the issue is with binding. Juyst try global binding and check the results.

If possible share the form.

-Vijay