3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2013 3:00 PM by the_wine_snob

Files will not render

Bubba30

I have been trying since last night to get ANY file to render in Adobe Premiere Elements 11 and it just won't start. I don't know what I am doing wrong. At first when I would make these files, they would render and export in a matter of minutes but it has gotten progressively worse to the point that it will just not render at all anymore. I have tried literally everything I could think of, but it will just sit there and hang.

Will Not Render.png

I have tried numerous things to get it to start including:

• Updated Quicktime and Graphics Card drivers
      • Closed unnecessary programs
      • Cleaning out files to make more room on HDD
      • Deleted old auto-saves
      • Cleared out the Cache
      • Made entirely new projects and started from scratch

My Rig:

CPU: E5500 Dual-Core 2.8 GHz

RAM: 4 Gigs

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1 GB Graphics Card

HDD: 370 Gigs free out of 1 TB

• 1. Re: Files will not render
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Bubba30,

How many other processes and programs do you have running in the background, while attempting to Publish+Share your Timeline?

The reason that I ask is that with a 64-bit OS, 4GB is just barely enough RAM to run the OS, with little left over for programs, and especially programs, such as PrE.

Good luck, and let us know a bit more please,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Files will not render
            Bubba30 Level 1

Bill,

I think you just discovered my stumbling block. I have 104 other processes other than Adobe Premiere Elements 11 running in the background.

While I was waiting for someone to get back to me, I just left my computer sitting there to try rendering another file and it was hanging just like before. But then I started closing out of some of the useless processes and it just kicked itself off. Granted, it is going very slow (An hour till completion) so I blame my RIG for that, but now I know that I just need to give it more time to begin rendering. I am actually going to mark your answer as "correct" because I am getting ready to beef up my system soon, I was just wanting to get a head start on making my videos for my Youtube channel.

Thank you for the prompt response! It was greatly appreciated.

-Bubba30

• 3. Re: Files will not render
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Bubba 30,

Great news!

Depending on the output CODEC, and the Source Material, the Dual-Core CPU is probably being taxed too.

Good luck, and I would look into how many of the extra processes and programs are actually needed - most computers, unless custom built, have tons of bloatware.

Hunt