7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 4:34 PM by Barbara B. RSS

Error 400

ArnoldKanter

I'm trying to transer something from Aperture to edit in Elements 9 and get a message that it's not available, Error 400.  What does that mean?

• 1. Re: Error 400
          Barbara B. CommunityMVP

It means that PSE is trying to access photoshop.com, which is dead and gone. Go up to the top of your screen and turn of syncing/backup and see  if works then.

• 2. Re: Error 400
            ArnoldKanter Community Member

Barbara  I really appreciate the quick response.  Where do I find syncing/backup?  On the top of what screen--elements?  aperture?  Sorry to be such a Neanderthal, but I am.  Arnie

• 3. Re: Error 400
              Barbara B. CommunityMVP

In the menu bar at the very top of your screen, up where your wifi connection and the time and the volume are. You should have an ugly little square there (it's supposed to look like a safe, I believe). Click that.

• 4. Re: Error 400

Barbara  I don't have an ugly little square.  Maybe the problem is that I'm on a Mac?  Could that be it?  Does Mac have a substitute for the ugly little square?  Thanks again for your attention to this.  Arnie

• 5. Re: Error 400
                  Barbara B. CommunityMVP

No, it's not because you're on a mac. Windows has stuff at the bottom of the screen, not the top.

What happens if you just launch the editor by itself? Forget about aperture for the moment. Also, you haven't upgraded to mavericks, have you?

• 6. Re: Error 400

It opens, and I get a photo that I had edited a long time ago in Elements, probably before I even had Aperture.  Actually, for some damn reason I have two Elements 9 icons in my toolbar.  That's what happens when I open one of them.  When I open the other, I get sort of a home page looking thing that invites me to log in, and, when I do, I get the Error 400 message.

I'm going to need to hire you fulltime to solve this.  Maybe I should just forget about Elements.

• 7. Re: Error 400
                      Barbara B. CommunityMVP
                      When I open the other, I get sort of a home page looking thing that invites me to log in, and, when I do, I get the Error 400 message.

That's the welcome screen. Just poof it out of the dock since it doesn't work anymore.

Have you been able to send photos from aperture before and this is a new problem, or is the first time you've tried it?