10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2013 12:54 PM by Josh_Corey

missing data issue

mvscs

All entries received from 10:29 this AM until 1:47PM that are only showing "!" in the cells.  The next entry complete is at 3:19PM. (all CST).  Will it all recover?

• 1. Re: missing data issue
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

A few things you can check.  Were the fields in question edited?  Could they have been made "Required" when they hadn't been before or some other change to the fields?

There is a "History" widget near the bottom right you can expand and take a look at the history points to see if the data shows in the history.  Could those responses have been changed or deleted?

Since I'm not sure either of those ideas will help would you mind sharing your form with me at jcorey@adobe.com following these instructions and I can take a look: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1333123?tstart=0

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: missing data issue
            mvscs Level 1

Interesting suggestion.  They are all visible up to data point 1:47. The next data point, at 2:48 they are all !.  No  one else has access, I am the only one.

• 3. Re: missing data issue

Very odd, I'm looking into it.  I don't see anything at this point.

Hope to have more information for you soon.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: missing data issue
                mvscs Level 1

I was able to download the missing data from the 1:47 data point to my desktop, so I'm not out. Tank you for the sugestion. But I'd still like to know why it happened.  Look foward to hearing back from you.

• 5. Re: missing data issue

I am a little confused by the times you mentioned.  Originally you had stated "10:29 this AM until 1:47PM that are only showing "!" in the cells" (this is what I see too, responses outside these times are all good and the 18 in this time period have "!" in the required cells and nothing in the responses in general), then you said "They are all visible up to data point 1:47. The next data point, at 2:48 they are all !" (I don't see any responses around 2:28, the next I see is 3:19 and that one contains data). 

What do you mean when you say "I was able to download the missing data from the 1:47 data point to my desktop" - were you able to see the responses for the 18 missing ones from 10:29 - 1:47 at one point and downloaded them but now they are blank?

Trying to fully understand what you've seen there.

Thanks,

Josh

• 6. Re: missing data issue
                    mvscs Level 1

after you pointed out the history widget, I went and viewed various time points.  The data I identified as "missing" was visible up to 1:47, the next recorded history/data point recorded was at 2:48.  After that point, is when I downloaded the info.

• 7. Re: missing data issue

Got it, thanks.  Is it possible you deleted that data at 1:47?  We're looking at what we can see on our side and will let you know if we find anything.

Thanks,

Josh

• 8. Re: missing data issue
                        mvscs Level 1

I did receive an error message at one point along wih a time idle notice and ultimately had to log out and in again.  Don't remember the time, however.

• 9. Re: missing data issue
                          mvscs Level 1

Any updates?

• 10. Re: missing data issue

We are still looking into it, it is not clear what happened.  We see some odd events on our side but don't see a cause yet.  Hopefully I'll have more info soon.

Thanks,

Josh