8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2013 8:03 AM by Photo Kram

Mini Bridge does not open after installing 8.0.2 upgrade

Photo Kram Level 1

I installed InDesign CS6 upgrade 8.0.2.  Now I cannot open Mini Bridge.

If Bridge is not already open,

- selecting File | Browse in Bridge...  or clicking on the Bridge button: Bridge opens - good!

- control-click on the Bridge button: I get a Reset Settings error dialog - NOT good!  I cancelled this and Bridge opened fullscreen okay.

- alt-click on the Bridge button: Two Bridge applications opened fullscreen! - NOT good!

- shift-click on the Bridge button: Bridge opens, but Mini Bridge does not! - NOT good!

If Bridge is already open,

- selecting File | Browse in Bridge... or clicking on the Bridge button: the ruler bars dim and nothing else happens! - NOT good!

- control-click on the Bridge button: Bridge opens maximized! - good!

- alt-click on the Bridge button: the already opened Bridge, plus a new Bridge, both open! - is this normal?

- shift-click on the Bridge button: the ruler bars dim and Mini Bridge does not open! - NOT good!

My main concern is that I cannot get Mini Bridge to open at all.  I can ignore the other problems mentioned above, if I can just get Mini Bridge to open.

I have restored my C: drive from backup twice and tried the upgrade a total of three times.  The results are the same each time.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing my problem and how I might correct it?  I am running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional SP1, 3.40 GHz Intel Core i7-3770 CPU, 32.0 GB installed memory.

Thanks greatly,

Mark.