Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe QT 32 Server is Not Responding in Premiere CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Adobe QT 32 Server is Not Responding in Premiere CC when I export.

Export then takes forever and the CPU goes to about 99 %.

Is does this both in Premiere CC and Media Encoder CC

Anyone with a solusion?

I run OSX 10.9 and have Premiere CC 7.1.0 (141)

3,33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Regards

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Hey,

I reinstallet all my Adobe programes and the problem is now gone 🙂

Regards

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, although not performing an export of any kind. Same symptom on two machines, one running CC 7.1.0 (141), the other 7.0.1 (105)

iMac

27-inch, Mid 2011

Processor  3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (11GB reserved for Adobe)

Graphics  AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB

Software  OS X 10.9 (13A603)

Premiere Pro file contains, GoPro .mp4, Canon .mxf and Canon 5D .mpeg(.mov wrap)

42TB DVRAID/MacMini Server, GB Ethernet Network

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomasbek,

Welcome to the forums.

Please try to remove all third-party QuickTime importers and exporters from the Library/QuickTime directory and restart the application. Please restart the machine after removing them.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vinay, thanks for the suggestion, however, there is no Users(System)/Library/QuickTime directory..

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I reinstallet all my Adobe programes and the problem is now gone 🙂

Regards

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

same issue here.

Had this with Premiere 5.5 already. CS 6 was fine and now CC ist a step backwards.

QT 32 Server opens two or three times, then crashes. Only one Export to ME CC at a time is possible.

Did like Vinay proposed. I just found a FLIP4MAC-Exporter. Deleted it but nothing changed.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for quick assistance.

I'm working on a Mac Pro 2009,

Prozessor  2,93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

RAM  8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

Grafic  NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB & NVIDIA Quadro 4000

OS   X 10.9

Best,

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

I also reinstalled Premiere (like Thomasbek did succesfully) but in my case nothing changed. Even worse: I can't queue a single sequence.

Best,

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho LOKO*,

You need to go to the startup disk>library>quicktime and move the componets inside Quicktime to the desktop and empty that folder. Restart your machine once it is done.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vinay,

May I ask what removing valuable QT components that other apps use does to aleviate this issue, and once they are removed, the machine restarted, are those components to be replaced into the system library? I'm not seeing the benefit there, especially those of us who have a great number of high-level QT plugins... Thank you for your suggestions.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vinay.

OK. That seems to work. Thanks.

But the question above by daveinsacto is also relevant. What to do with all the components now?

Best, T*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LOKO*,

You can try to move the plugins back in the quicktime folder again and try to launch premiere pro this time it might launch properly. 

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for the final details on the fix, & yes this worked. Do you have any background info as to why this happens and how it can be prevented in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works. I replaced the components. At the moment rendering is very slow but that might have other reasons. I'll keep an eye on it, but when I don't come back here, then everything will be fine .

Thanks Vinay and everyone else.

Regards,

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. It's me again

Seems like copying the components back leads back to the same problems. Everything becomes sticky again. Though it's better than before it's not satisfyibg at all. I deleted them once more and everything became fluid and fine. Then Quicktime asked me to update my ProApps (AVID Codec Pack) and again I'm experiencing those drop outs.

Seems like your solution is only temporary Vinay.

Best,

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT DOES NOT WORK.

Now, AME crashes (not QT32 Server). I don't have any components left in my QT Library. What the f***! is going on?

This issue took me alltogether more than one working day in the last week!

Who is responsible for that?

Thanks for immediate help.

Best, T*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tobias,

This issue, I have a feeling, is affecting several components in the system.  We have had some media encoder-related issues, not crashing as much as mis-encoding and failing. I performed the quick-time component swap out on 3 machines, and it was only temporary for each of those. I have a couple of adobe guys here in SF that I reach out to every-so-often.  I'll report back if I find any long-term fixes.

This may be an elementary step, but I have stopped all-together exporting from premiere.  I will first open Media Encoder, then import the sequence from the project file using dynamic link.  I have found this to be a more stable method of engaging media encoder with my sequences.  Whether it makes a true difference or not, I haven't gone empirical on the issue, so I'm not certain.

I'm as well really hoping some more will chime in on this issue. And it may very well prove to be a QuickTime problem and not an adobe issue at all, as over the last few days, I have noticed another process not responding QTKitServer-(657) Safari

Cheers!

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi daveinsacto and everyone on the thread,

Sorry for all this trouble. Can you please fill out a bug report? Here is the link: http:www.adobe.com/go/wish It would really help the team.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin and support team

Having same issues -- Mac Activity monitor says Adobe QT32 server is using 100 percent CPU -- it literally stops After Effects in it's tracks and often does the same for Premiere Pro CC and 2014 version

From this forum this issue's been going on for more than a year with no one definitive answer/solution

surely Adobe engineers can put their heads together and fix this as it is a serious time killer when we are under deadline

What's worked for us (until it comes back again) is using ONYX to clean everything - running Pro Maintenance tools to clear everything back to it's native state and then running repair permissions - shutting down and trying again

This is tremendously time consuming and is getting to the point of making the software unusable under deadline

Please post in FAQ a solutions

Thanks

Andy Field ABC News/FieldVision Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey davinsancto,

I did exactly the same and yes: it worked better, but skips some filters. "Some video- and/or audio-filters are missing." No further details.

On the other side AE can't import several fileformats anymore that have been in my compositions since I started them. Also the exporter in AE is missing the QT components and won't export MOVs with some of the every-day-in-use codecs like H264.

@ Kevin: I'll do that. Thanks for focussing on it.

Best,

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

@Kevin: Another hint for you and your team might be, that AME seems to stop rendering, when the app runs in background. As soon as I take it on top, it starts again. But then everything is real slow....needs 2 and a half hours for a 20 seconds teaser.

Thanks, T*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there (Vinay?),

now I have another problem caused by this thread:

Changing back to another project I recognized that some of my footages are not imported anymore caused by deleting the QT-components as I think. I already put them back in their place (System>Library>Quicktime) but it still doesn't work.

Also trying to reinstall them did not solve the problem. By teh wa: AVID Codecs LE Pack won't install anymore.

Also exporting to QT in After Effects shows me a screen telling, that my standard export setting is not available (which used to be the Animation-Codec).

Do you have a solution for that?

Thanks,

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tobias,

Please check whether the products are activated or not. Try to sign out from the creative cloud application and sign in  again. Also, check whether all the presets in Premiere pro are present or some of them are missing like AVCHD, RED .

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinay,

Thank you for your insight, and with all respect, none of these actions are eliminating any of the issues related to the QT server, and there are no other supporting docs or threads about this.  Do you have a colleague you could reach out to? There clearly is an issue that is holding up people's projects and livlihoods. We all use Adobe because we like it, not because it's the most stable of NLE, and I know Adobe wants to keep us, and we want to stay. But we have to have it working and not compromising our deliveries.

Thank you for all you can help with.

Cheers!

Dave O'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Vinay, they're not in PRemiere either. And also deactivating and reactivating creative Cloud wasn't succesful

And Yes Daveinsancto, I must admit.

Also reinstalling Quicktimeplayer 7 didn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tobias,

Please try the steps provided in the link below.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/features-presets-missing-premiere-pro.html

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines