4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2013 8:18 AM by A.T. Romano

VIDEOS CLIPS AND PHOTO COMBINATION

pdogg45

CAN PHOTOS AND VIDEOS CLIPS BE COMBINED IN A PROJECT IN ELEMNTS 11?

• 1. Re: VIDEOS CLIPS AND PHOTO COMBINATION
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

To answer your question, YES.

Now, when using Still Images, and especially if you have more than a few, I would recommend Scaling them to just a bit above, or exactly to the Frame Size of your Project.

With Video involved, you will want to match your Project to that Video, then Scale the Still Images to match.

This article goes into more detail on Scaling in Ps or PsE: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2119226#2119226

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to post them to this thread.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: VIDEOS CLIPS AND PHOTO COMBINATION
            pdogg45 Level 1

Thanks Bill, I am fairly new at this and have only completed slide shows/music and wanted to add videos to the show but I cannot do it when using E11 because I get transferred to P11 whenever I add photos.

• 3. Re: VIDEOS CLIPS AND PHOTO COMBINATION
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Pdogg45,

If you also have Photoshop Elements 11, along with Premiere Elements 11, you have a couple of ways to create your SlideShow w/ Video.

One way is to create the SlideShow aspect from PsE 11, in the Organizer. Then, when that part is complete, you would just use the Edit in Premiere Elements, to bring your SlideShow directly into PrE 11 - no output, but direct. Once in a PrE 11 Project, you would Break Apart that SlideShow, and add Video, wherever you desire.

I would do the final Audio work in PrE 11, rather than in Organizer, but that is just me.

As an aside, one could do the entire production in PrE 11, only relying on PsE 11 for Scaling any overly-large Still Images. In PrE 11, you would Import all Scaled Still Images, all Video and any Audio files, then assemble those on the PrE 11 Project's Timeline.

It gets down to how one likes to work. Personally, and as I do not use Photoshop Elements, I first do my Image editing work in Photoshop (PsE's "big-brother"), then Import everything into Premiere, where I do the assembly. I then add any needed Transitions, and perhaps some form of animation to some of my Still Images. When done, I add music to that Project, and perhaps narration. That is what I am most comfortable doing.

Good luck, and we will be interested to see your Project, as it takes shape.

Hunt

• 4. Re: VIDEOS CLIPS AND PHOTO COMBINATION
                A.T. Romano Level 7

pdogg45

Hunt has already offers considerations for your questions. I would like to contribute the following thoughts.

Could you please clarify what you are doing and in which program(s) you are doing it with regard to what you wrote

I am fairly new at this and have only completed slide shows/music and wanted to add videos to the show but I cannot do it when using E11 because I get transferred to P11 whenever I add photos.

I am not understanding how you are getting transferred to presumed Photoshop Elements when you add photos in presumed  Premiere Elements. That is the way I am reading what you wrote.

For what you describe, you might consider the following outline..

a. Setting the Premiere Elements project preset to match the properties of your video

b. Beforehand sizing the photos to the properties of the project preset....if your resources permit and depending on how many photos and their original pixel dimensions, you may be able to import them as is...more on that later.

c. Importing video and photos via program's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file(s) to the Expert workspace Timeline.

It sounds like you probably have Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 Windows. But, I would point out to you the following. If you did not have Photoshop Elements 11, you can still create your "Elements Organizer 11 slideshow" in Premiere Elements 11. Premiere Elements 11 is a standalone program that also comes with the Elements Organizer 11 which has the Create/Slideshow offerings.

We are looking forward to learning of your progress.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need clarification on anything written.

Thanks.

ATR