3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2013 8:32 PM by Josh_Corey

Can a FormCentral form be designed with multiple submit buttons or multiple receivers?

NYTL

I have previously used a PDF form with multiple submit buttons. The form is a work order form. The form has multiple submit buttons which each contain a mailto script to send the form to a different person depending on which submit button is selected. What may become necessary for my forms is that a general inbox receives the form and a building manager also receives the form or at least the detail from the form fields. I still do not have full access to a paid subscription, so I am unable to fully test the E-mail receipts options and if mupltiple e-mail receipts can be set up. Perhaps my question should be, is it possible to send multiple notifications. Does the notification send more than just a generic stock message? Can the notification be set up to send the contents of the work request, or is the responses tab the only location where a form owner can review and retrieve the contents of the form detail submitted? 

• 1. Re: Can a FormCentral form be designed with multiple submit buttons or multiple receivers?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

You can set up Notifications to go to multiple people.  Each email you add to the Notifications list has to have a FormsCentral account (and has to have verified there address making the account completely set up).  The email can contain the form data, it is in a list and does not look like the original form but the data is there (if you choose to include it). 

Let me know if you have follow up questions.

Thanks,

Josh

PS - The form itself cannot have two submit buttons as I think you figured out, you could still set up a FormsCentral created PDF form the way yours was set up, but not collecting response data in FormsCentral (you actually could probably add an additional mail-to button to a submit enabled FormsCentral form but I've not tried it and it).

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can a FormCentral form be designed with multiple submit buttons or multiple receivers?
            NYTL Level 1

So I am guessing the output is just plain text. What if a section of the form field collects a short description with several sentences? Could you send me sample output from a form that would be received in an e-mail that shows one word or number responses with multi-lined responses?

The mail-to script in a PDF form that can be embedded into a submit button is a nice feature of a PDF (document) form. We have placed several form online and users complete the forms within their browser windows. The drawback is the number of errors that different users experience. The original PDF form is delivered in its entirety to a desired e-mail address. Granted it uses an interface with the desktop e-mail application, but most of our users understand what to do next when it pops up because they see the form they just completed as an attachment in the e-mail.

• 3. Re: Can a FormCentral form be designed with multiple submit buttons or multiple receivers?
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Yes, the output is plain text, I will forward a Notification email for a form with a variety of fields inluding multi-line text fields.

Thanks,

Josh