6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 9:00 AM by the_wine_snob

Image Resolution issue in DVD replay

ToddMoen56

I have created a Slideshow in Premiere Elements 11, using JPEG files with highest resolution and when I create the DVD using the DVD option in Publish+Share, and play it back,using a Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB 16x, all of the images are OK for 1/10 of a second, but then they get blurry.  Am I doing something wrong?  Are there any settings I should be using. Every JPEG image looks great in the 

Premiere Elements 11 editor, but I am unhappy with the results when I play the DVD.

HELP to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

Message was edited by: ToddMoen56

• 1. Re: Image Resolution issue in DVD replay
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Todd,

Welcome to the forum.

What OS version are you running PrE 11 on?

When you started your Project, what settings did you choose?

Is the DVD-Video your only output?

What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of your Imported Still Images?

Do you have any Video, or are the Still Images the only visual Assets?

What is the Duration of your Timeline, in hours;minutes;seconds;frames?

TIA for the info, and good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Image Resolution issue in DVD replay
            ToddMoen56 Level 1

Bill,

I have a Dell N5010 Windows 7 Home Premium with an Intel(R) Core (TM):2 CPU M350@2,27Ghz 2.26

The settings I chose were the default settings

I would want the DVD-Video as my output since I am making copies for others of the slideshow.

The Pixel range of the Still Images are either 3072x1728 or 2288X1520

Still images are the only Visual Assets

The Duration of the Timeline IS 22:41:10

Best regards,

Todd

• 3. Re: Image Resolution issue in DVD replay
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Todd,

Thank you for that information.

In PrE 11, the default Project Setting is AVCHD 1920 x 1080. The DVD-specs. are 720 x 480, or SD (Standard Definition).

I would do two things:

Create a DV (NTSC, or PAL, depending on where you reside) Widescreen (16:9) Project.

Scale your Still Images to about 1000 x 750 in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements.

Then, just Import those Scaled Images into your DV Widescreen Project, edit as needed, then output to the Verbatim media.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Image Resolution issue in DVD replay
                ToddMoen56 Level 1

Bill,

Does this mean I have to start a whole new project and rebuild the image file sequence with the audio, or could I just modify the images in Photoshop elements and reimport the existing file I have already done (about 24 hours of effort)?

I am new to Photoshop, so bear with my questions.

Regards,

Todd

• 5. Re: Image Resolution issue in DVD replay
                  ToddMoen56 Level 1

Bill,

Is there a way I can change the Project Setup Settings TO DVD Widescreen (16:9) Project for my existing project?

I am performing an image resize on the images, but would sill like to use my existing project becuse of the time spent in creating the sequence of photos and adding the music.

Thanks for you continued help.

Regards,

Todd

• 6. Re: Image Resolution issue in DVD replay
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Todd,

Unfortunately, the Project Setting manages many things. Some users have had good luck by hacking the PREL (the Project File) and altering aspects of that. Such hacking can be done in a text-editor (no formatting), or an XML editor. The trick is to work ONLY on a copy of the PREL, and then know which lines of XML code need to be changed, and what they need to be changed to. As a "template," I would look at creating a DV NTSC (if in NTSC land) Widescreen Project, and Saving that, with no Assets - just the empty Project. Then, study the lines of SML code in that. Next, with the copy of the existing Project open, replace the values, with those from the DV NTSC Widescreen Project. Save, then Open that copy PREL in PrE. It is easier if one has worked with XML code, and understand the various conventions used, plus the characters.

As for the Scaling of the Still Images, this article will give you some tips, and especially on batch-processing entire folders of Images: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2119226#2119226 The exact mechanics can differ a bit, depending on which version of Ps, one is using.

Good luck,

Hunt