3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2013 11:11 AM by Todd_Kopriva

12.1 update, can't empty disk cache

JR2010 Level 1

In addition to my last post/question about DVCpro HD not rendering correctly out of After Effects since the Update to 12.1, it seems that since the update I can no longer empty my disk cache either.  I haven't moved or changed the folder in anyway, it was working perfectly before the update, now when I try and "Empty Disk Cache" from preferences, it doesn't do anything, nothing is deleted from the folder and it's eating up drive space.  Sure I can do it manually but that is not right.

Windows 7

HP Z820

Adobe Creative Cloud

• 1. Re: 12.1 update, can't empty disk cache
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

That command just deletes the disk cache for After Effects 12.1. It doesn't touch your disk cache for After Effects 12.0. You can delete this manually.

Would you prefer that the button to empty the disk cache did so for both 12.0 and 12.1 (and 12.2 when it comes out)? I think that this would make sense, and I can get that into the upcoming 12.2 update if you agree that it's what makes sense for you.

• 2. Re: 12.1 update, can't empty disk cache
            JR2010 Level 1

Ah, thanks Todd, that slipped past me and didn't even notice, appreicate it !

Yes, one button to empty both would be great.

Todd, side-note.  Can you check on my post from yesterday, it's really throw a wrench in our workflow.  We have a piece of gear we need to send DVCpro HD 1080i clips and the wrapper/header info is rendering out of AE and Media Encoder wrong now since the update.  PM me for more details if you need them.

Thanks again for the quick help on the cache, many thanks

• 3. Re: 12.1 update, can't empty disk cache
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The After Effects CC (12.2) update fixes this:

Purging the disk cache for the current version also purges the disk cache for other minor versions within the same major version (e.g., purging from within After Effects 12.2 also purges After Effects 12.0 and 12.1 disk caches).