The line numbers refer to a line in whproxy.js, not the topic.
My guess would be that it is a security setting. Do you have this issue when the help is located locally or also when it is placed on a webserver?
I copied the project onto her hard drive and she is able to open it locally. But I'm not sure what that means?
A recap to make sure I understand the situation:
- The issue only happens on one pc.
- The issue only happens when she opens the help when it is placed on the intranet.
- The issue does not occur when the help is placed on the local hard drive.
- The issue does not occur when someone else opens the help from the intranet.
- There are no plugins installed such as Chrome Frame (I hope this is the case)
Am I correct? In this case, it seems that Internet Explorer has an issue with the scripts in the intranet environment. Can you check the security settings? (See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174360)