9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2013 1:20 AM by BenPleysier

Adobe CS6 student

XZZ0

Hi, My Adobe CS6(student) is converting my PDFs into webpages; how can I stop this?

• 1. Re: Adobe CS6 student
          mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

My Adobe CS6(student) is converting my PDFs into webpages; how can I

stop this?

Hard to believe this is happening in real life.

• 2. Re: Adobe CS6 student
            Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is this an Acrobat question in the wrong forum?

Or are you saying Dreamweaver is somehow converting a PDF to html?

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Adobe CS6 student
              Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I sincerly doubt that CS6 is converting anything.  More likely your computer system has somehow associated PDF files with Dreamweaver instead of Acrobat.  So what you're seeing is a change in icons? 

Nancy O.

• 4. Re: Adobe CS6 student
                XZZ0 Level 1

Hi Nancy, thankyou for your comment. How would I stop 'Acrobat' from converting my PDFs to Dreamweaver websites?

Regards Paul

• 5. Re: Adobe CS6 student
                  XZZ0 Level 1

Hi Jon, Thankyou for your comment. Yes Dreamweaver is converting my PDFs to Dreamweaver websites.

Regards Paul

• 6. Re: Adobe CS6 student
                    XZZ0 Level 1

Hi, Thankyou for your comment. Could Dreamweaver be too electro-statically charged to be placed on an ordinary personal computer desktop (producing random electrical current and so random commands)?

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 18:28:11 -0800

To: eipgam@hotmail.com

Subject: Adobe CS6 student

Re: Adobe CS6 student

created by mytaxsite.co.uk in Dreamweaver support forum - View the full discussion

My Adobe CS6(student) is converting my PDFs into webpages; how can I

stop this?

Hard to believe this is happening in real life.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5840701#5840701

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5840701#5840701

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5840701#5840701. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Dreamweaver support forum at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 7. Re: Adobe CS6 student
                      Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Could Dreamweaver be too electro-statically charged to be placed on an ordinary personal computer desktop (producing random electrical current and so random commands)?

Utterly ridiculous & absurd.

You have a file associations problem on your system.  Use your file manager (Windows Explorer) to re-associate PDF files with Acrobat.

Nancy O.

• 8. Re: Adobe CS6 student
                        XZZ0 Level 1

Hi Nancy, Thankyou for your response but I would like you to re-consider for a moment. When I click my Dreamweaver icon the Dreamweaver icon appears dramatically with shafts of green light piercing the fabric of the desktop, as if spearing its way through and perhaps also spearing the odd PDF. The science in 'random commands' or 'Gremlins' as they were known in the 1950s, is based on the fact that every electrical current produces an electro-magnetic force field. The possibility of a desktop with an overload of electro-magnetic force fields that generate 'gremlins' has been frequently commented upon. The 'induction coil' converts electro-magnetic force fields into electrical current; this is the basic function of the electric motor.

However as I  am not a scientist, I will trust in your very learned comments and hope that the 'Gremlin' spear fisherman will not strike again.

Sincerely yours

Paul

• 9. Re: Adobe CS6 student
                          BenPleysier Adobe Community Professional & MVP

XZZ0 wrote:

Hi, My Adobe CS6(student) is converting my PDFs into webpages; how can I stop this?

Stop this???

Encapsulate it!!!

There are people willing to snuff out to own this phenomenon. Where do you live? I'm willing to trade my religion if you will just give me a whiffff.

PM me and please do not discuss it any further, you could find yourself in a confronting position.