• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about NOT installing other junk WITHOUT permission?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated my flash player and it auto installed the mcafee junk and DID NOT ask before it did.  So I had to hunt down the garbage and get rid of it.  If I wanted another product on my computer, I WOULD PURCHASE IT.  I did not give the installer permission as it did not even ask before just throwing it on my computer.  Unless it has changed, I do not trust any mcafee items.  I have not had good experiences or seen good experiences with them.  So please refrain from just putting things other than what I am updating onto my computer.  I enjoy adobe but can search for other alternatives if needed and this continues to be a trend.  Not exactly happy right now as it makes me wonder what else has been put on my computer by your updaters while I went to get a drink really quick during downloads.  *starts scanning her computer and cleaning it up*

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Flash Player "Global Settings" under the Advanced tab, you can disable automatic updates. The downside is you have to update manually, but you can download the Adobe Flash Player installers directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Those have NOTHING BUT the Flash Player.

I recommend you bookmark those since Adobe ISN'T going to stop bundling third party apps no matter how many people complain, because it offsets development and distribution costs, and unless EVERYONE agrees to pay for updates (not likely), McAfee, Norton, and Google will continue to support freeware for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you download Flash Player from the standard download page, you will get "Optional offers" (see image below).  It is entirely up to you if you want to install them, or uncheck the optional offer before downloading the installer.

junk.PNG

Or use the offline installers from Mike's links, which are posted several dozen times every day here in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines