1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 6:35 PM by A.T. Romano

Playback Does Not Work

kmancool

I've been struggling with this issue for about 2 hours and I cannot find any solution whatsoever.

I am using Premiere Elements 10 and I am trying to edit a simple 10 second clip that is 1920x1080. When I hit play in the playback box, it plays the audio but not the video in the actual playback box. I have to click on it in order for it to update the the frame it is supposed to be on and then it puts a white border around the video. When I hit play again, the same thing happens. I tried to edit other clips and this same problem keeps occuring. It did not happen before today so I don't know what I messed up.

Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks

• 1. Re: Playback Does Not Work
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kmancool

I do not like to jump to conclusions before the facts are in, but....

Are you using a NVIDIA video card in your computer on which you are running Premiere Elements 10?

I ask since there is a wave a display problems hitting Premiere Elements 10 users who have NVIDIA video cards. The fix is to roll back the driver rather than to assure that you have the latest version of the driver installed.

If you are part of this crowd, please check out the thread in which I am trying to keep track of the happenings.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675?tstart=30

Please let us know if any of the above applies to your situation. If not, then we will explore other troubleshooting possibilities.

Thanks.

ATR