4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2013 11:34 AM by clay1633

CS4 and Mavericks

clay1633

I use CS4 and have updated my OS to Mavericks. PS and Ai work fine with new javascript. But InDesign will not function properly at all. It opens, barely, then shows a very disjointed document? Any suggestions on how to get InDesign to work now? Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

• 1. Re: CS4 and Mavericks
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Did you do an inplace upgrade? That's a gamble even for software that is supported onthe new OS, which CS4 is not, officially. Some users get it to run, some don't. Your best bet is to uninstall, run the cleaner tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) and reinstall CS4 from the original installer.

• 2. Re: CS4 and Mavericks
            BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

And note that CS4 is unsupported in Mavericks. In short, you're on your

own here. It might work, it might not.

• 3. Re: CS4 and Mavericks
              clay1633 Level 1

Thanks Peter. That was my next thing to do. I did not know about the CS Cleaner Tool and appreciate the linl. I have all the original disks and will uninstall, run the cleaner tool, and reinstall. I appreciate your help and will post back the fdsults one way or another.

Jonathan (clay1633)

ceramic designer, artist

gallery curator

OS 10.9 Mavericks    2012 iMac 27"   3.4GHz i7  32GB DDR3 installed   

• 4. Re: CS4 and Mavericks
                clay1633 Level 1

Hi Bob:

Yes I know I am on my own and I am sure I can manage. An interesting thing is that in my 2007 MacBookPro 4GB OS 10.9 Mavericks it runs perfectly, so go figure. It will be iinteresting to see if there are some others who will post and if they have found work-arounds and ways to make In Design to operate.

Best

Jonathan (clay1633)

ceramic designer, artist

gallery curator

OS 10.9 Mavericks    2012 iMac 27"   3.4GHz i7  32GB DDR3 installed  

Was this helpful? Yes   No