4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2013 9:21 AM by Steve Werner

Page Scaling Issue in CC

Moller

So I am hoping there is some new preference somewhere that I am missing, but this is really an annoying problem.  When adjusting page size thru document setup, the program doesn't take into account from where I want to align it from.  No matter where I have my alignment set, upper right, lower right, center, ect... it always adjusts from the upper left.  Really bothersome with documents that have alot of pages. 

Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about:

Page Scaling.png

so I have my alignement set here to the center of the page, but it decides to adjust from the upper left.

• 1. Re: Page Scaling Issue in CC
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Try adjusting the master page using pages tool.

• 2. Re: Page Scaling Issue in CC
            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Bob is correct. In InDesign CS6 and CC, the Page tool is the way to do it. Document Setup can't really handle it because you can now have multiple page sizes and orientations in an InDesign file.

Select the Master Page(s) in the Pages panel, then use the Page tool  to adjust the size. The 9-point proxy determines how the re-sizing is accomplished (from which size or corner the re-sizing is applied). Be sure to ask if you have more questions.

• 3. Re: Page Scaling Issue in CC
              Moller Level 1

I understand the multiple page sizes, but those fall out of the realm of the "document size" and don't change if they've already been adjusted manually outside the origional document size.

Doing a double take thinking maybe my memory was off, I tested it out in CS6. It worked pretty much how I remembered by centering the document instead of aligning it the upper left, just didn't align it wherever I had it set othersize.   I guess I will stop having to be lazy if I have one document size and adjust using the tool on the master page.  Just kind of makes sense that an overall standard document size change would have the page centered, versus aligning to the upper left.

• 4. Re: Page Scaling Issue in CC
                Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Also part of the Control panel controls for the Page panel is Liquid Layout rules. If you choose Re-center, it will automatically center the content on the new page size.