8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2013 1:34 PM by alinaalvarez00

InDesign CS6 taking too long to perform any action

alinaalvarez00 Level 1

I am using Adobe CS6 on Mac OS 10.7.5 and recently I started experiencing issues on InDesign when trying to move objects or perform actions quickly, at first I thought I had little RAM available but after freeing up over 70% of my disk and only have InDesign open the issue persisted. It is extremely annoying as I can't really do anything, it takes so long to do anything, from moving shapes or boxes to using shortcut commands on the keyboard. What usually takes me 10 minutes to create 3 comps for a client has taken me over 3 hours just to simply be able to change color to the box or change the box position. I have restarted the program, I have restarted the computer, and nothing. Some forums say I shoud "trash the prefs" I have no idea what that is. It's even more annoying when things happen exactly at the moment where one is most busy. Any thoughts?

My computer is up to date on all software updates, I am running CS6 because I was afraid the Cloud would cause this type of issues (which I have read it does), I consider myself savvy enough and have tried everything, please heeeeeelp!!!!