3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2013 4:28 PM by A.T. Romano

DVD Titles

Jesse_Martinez(Calvary)

Hey All,

I need to figure out how to create TITLES in a DVD. I don't mean a title slide or anything like that. I need a way for the DVD to show separate titles, similar like menu markers. This is so our web guy can rip each "title" (kinda like a track) from the completed DVD and then upload to our site.

Anyone know?

Thanks again. If I am too vague please ask for clarification, I am still new here lol

• 1. Re: DVD Titles
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's not quite clear what you're asking.

But, with that workflow, wouldn't it make more sense to output each segment as a web-ready MP4?

There's no point in post a VOB to a web site. It will be interlaced, and it won't look very good, even if re-encoded on a site like YouTube?

• 2. Re: DVD Titles
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Jesse_Martinez(Calvary)

Here is my take on what I think you might be seeking. You want to know how to obtain the DVD-VIDEO format's structural "Titles".

If that is the case, then you might want to put the DVD-VIDEO disc in the burner drive tray, right click the drive to select Open, double click the VIDEO_TS Folder, and decide what you want if you are looking for the video files (Title Set 1 and so on....VTS_01_1.VOB and so on.)

The extent of what you find will depend on the length of the video.

The maximum number of "chapters/menu markers" per Title is 99. And, the maximum number of "Titles" in a DVD is 99.

Each Video "Title set" can go from VTS_01_1.VOB to VTS_99_9.VOB.

Whereas the scene marker placement directs the viewer to one scene, the VTS_01_01.VOB may end in the middle of a scene (at max 1 GB) and continue in the next of the series VTS_01_02.VOB and so on.

If you have Premiere Elements that you can rip the VOBs for the video via an Add Media/Get Media choice after you put the DVD in the burner tray.

Another approach is using Command Prompt to get a "seamless DVD.VOB"

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/pe-dvd-videoseamless-vob-ripping.html

Is any of the above close to what you were looking for?

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: DVD Titles
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jesse_Martinez(Calvary)

I did not see SG's post until after I had posted mine.

Are your web people able to put a webDVD (with menus) on this web site?

Here is a Premiere Elements 10 demo from Adobe TV on webDVD.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-elements-10/create-and-share-web-dvds-/

ATR