1 2 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2013 1:58 PM by A.T. Romano

Rendering Issue

SardinasC

I just placed a title in the timeline and when it hit ENTER, it doesn't render.  I also tried Render Work Area and no dice. I also placed an animated lower-third graphic under the title.  Playback is start and stop. What is the solution to this problem?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Rendering Issue
          SardinasC Level 1

BTW - I'm using Adobe Elements 10.

• 2. Re: Rendering Issue
            A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 10 on? And, may not be relevant, but I will ask just in case...what video card are you using, NVIDIA?

Render is to get the best possible preview of what you are seeing in the Edit Mode monitor as your play back the Timeline content there. The program lets you know if you have the best possible preview via non colored line over the Timeline content or a green line over that content. If you have either, you are not going to be able to render to get the best possible preview because the program is giving you the best possible preview and letting you know that by way of the indicator line system.

If the line over the content is red (versions earlier than 11) or orange (versions 11 and 12), then you can render the Timeline. Those indicators are telling you that you do not have the best possible preview and need to render the Timeline to get there to the green status as mentioned above.

Also, check for pile ups for preview files in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder, default location Document/Adobe/and your version number. Make sure that there is enough free hard drive space at the location to which you have directed the Scratch Disks. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk.

Let us start here and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Rendering Issue
              SardinasC Level 1

Thanks, A.T.  Yes I have the red line over the content – but the issue is that I can’t render.  I’ve used “Enter” and the Command “Render Workspace” – but no go.

I wasn’t sure whether I successfully cleared the Scratch Disk or not…..it still won’t render.

I have NVIDIA Version 311.06  Ge Force GTX 580.  I loaded an update to the software – but it still won’t render. Not sure if the rollback solution is right – but they are going to install a 64-bit computer for me next week.

• 4. Re: Rendering Issue
                A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

Since you have Premiere Elements 10 and a NVIDIA video card, I would definitely look at rolling back that driver version  on that video card. If you do not do that yourself, then check into having that done by whomever is going to install your 64 bit computer for you.

What will it be...Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit?

Please let us know the outcome. As you know there has been a wave of Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issues related to display. The answer has been to roll back the video card driver version. I have been trying to keep track of those happening.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5836045

I do not want to go overboard with that question, but it is best to rule it  in or out, just in case.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Rendering Issue
                  SardinasC Level 1

Thanks, A.T.,

It will be a Windows 7 64-bit, I believe.

I think I can have our IT people roll back the card, since I haven’t figured out how to do it.

I appreciate your help!

• 6. Re: Rendering Issue
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

Windows 7 64 bit I found to be a good operating system for my Premiere Elements 4 through 11. But my video card is Intel HD Graphics, not NVIDIA.

I think it would be a good idea to refer your IP people to

my list of other cases.

Note, in the very beginning summary, there is a report by macasman with the 580...there the answer was a roll back to May 2013 (did not give a version number), and said 327.23 and 331.40 did not work.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Rendering Issue
                      Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Silly question, but I have to ask:

Is the Work Area Bar over the area you wish to render?

• 8. Re: Rendering Issue
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

SardomasC

To help you with Peru Bob's question about the WorkArea Bar and its gray tab settings, I headed over to my Premiere Elements 10 Windows to prepare the following screenshot for you.

Title.JPG

In the above screenshot, the larger blue line with an arrow at each end covers the WorkArea Bar.

The gray tabs of the WorkArea Bar are pointed to with the smaller blue lines with arrow at the start of the line.

Those gray tabs need to be set to span the area to be rendered.

OK, but...

In preparing that screenshot, I came across something that needs back tracking on. And, it goes to the point that I made before about you needing a red line over the title as an indicator for rendering. If it is not there, no rendering.

When I created this title and closed the Titler, there was no red line over the Title and therefore there no expectations for rendering.

The red arrow in the screenshot is where you would expect to be seeing this red line if it were there. Is that where you saw the red line that you reported?

Is it possible to post a screenshot of the title that will not render on your Premiere Elements 10 Timeline?

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Rendering Issue
                          SardinasC Level 1

It was the work bar!!!  I dragged it over the project and it rendered perfectly!

For some reason I’m not able to view the finished product because it’s hanging up on the first frame of the animated open – but I’m sure I’ll be able to figure that out.

Thanks for all of your help- your screengrab made all the difference!

• 10. Re: Rendering Issue
                            SardinasC Level 1

Now it’s rendering – but I can’t get any motion in the monitor. Just one long freeze frame. How do I get the video to display again?   I have a sizing boundary around the monitor that I can’t get seem to get rid of.

• 11. Re: Rendering Issue
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

Thanks for the great, great news. And, glad I posted the screenshot as a aid in working with Peru Bob's

not so silly question when Peru Bob wrote

Silly question, but I have to ask:

Is the Work Area Bar over the area you wish to render?

Those gray tabs typically snap to place, so I am not sure of the scenario that resulted in the issue.

Let us know how you do with

For some reason I’m not able to view the finished product because it’s hanging up on the first frame of the animated open – but I’m sure I’ll be able to figure that out.

Is this the export of your Timeline content that was saved to the computer hard drive and is now playing on a computer player?

Please review your media properties as well as importing, editing, and exporting settings and then we will work on the details of all those if this current matter persists.

Great Job, you and Peru Bob.

ATR

• 12. Re: Rendering Issue
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

I did not see your latest post until after I had posted mine.

Here is a screenshot of the Premiere Elements 10 Monitor (Timeline workspace). Are you seeing those two two white rectangles in the monitor? If so, they are Safety Margins to guide you for the limits for

inner rectangle...text

outer rectangle...action

If that is it, right click the monitor and select Safety Margins...They are gone.

If you went them back, right click the monitor and select Safety Margins. They are back.

SafetyMargins.JPG

If that is not it, you may be referring to the bounding box for the file that you are viewing on screen.

If let us rule in or out the Safety Margins.

To be continued...

ATR

• 13. Re: Rendering Issue
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

If the Safety Margins were not what you meant, then I suspect it is the bounding box in the monitor associated with selecting an image

You can get that bounding box by clicking on the monitor.

You can get rid of the bounding box in showing in the monitor by clicking anywhere on the Timeline.

Bounding-Box.jpg

You also wrote

Now it’s rendering – but I can’t get any motion in the monitor. Just one long freeze frame. How do I get the video to display again?

Did the rendering finished so that the red line over the Timeline content turned green?

From what you wrote, the content may still be rendering. Depending on what effects you have applied to the Timeline content, the rendering can take a while. This is especially true if you have applied the Video Stabilizer effect. You have to wait for the red to go to green for whatever you are rendering (spanned by the gray tabs of the WorkArea Bar).

ATR

ATR

• 14. Re: Rendering Issue
                                    SardinasC Level 1

I’m trying to get rid of the crosshair image in the middle of the monitor.   I can’t get any motion from the video.

• 15. Re: Rendering Issue
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

The crosshair image in the middle of the monitor is part of the bounding box as is the handles of the bounding box to which I pointed. Same idea...left mouse click on a blank area of the Timeline and that bounding box should disappear until you click there again.

Please give that a try.

To be continued....

ATR

Add On...Just clicking the play button of the monitor or pressing on the spacebar to start playback should get rid of the bounding box in the monitor.

• 16. Re: Rendering Issue
                                        SardinasC Level 1

Thanks, A.T. –I looked at the screengrab you sent, but the bounding box won’t disappear when I left click in a blank area of the timeline.

I’ve decided to come back to this issue on Monday morning when I get back to work.

• 17. Re: Rendering Issue
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

In preparation for your situation described...

I can’t get any motion from the video

What is the complete Timeline content that you are trying to play back in the Edit Mode monitor?

Do you have the gray tabs of the WorkArea Bar spanning that Timeline content from beginning to end of the Timeline content?

Is there a green line or no colored line over the Timeline content at this point?

To be continued...

ATR

• 18. Re: Rendering Issue
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

Thanks for the follow up.

I did not see your latest point until after I had posted mine.

Whenever you have time, next step, save close what you have. Open a new project and determine if the problems goes away just by starting a new project.

We will be watching for your follow up when you get a chance.

Do not give up. You are making progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 19. Re: Rendering Issue
                                              SardinasC Level 1

I feel as though something is covering my monitor.  When I clicked Freezeframe I saw undearneath.

My content is about 17 minutes of video/audio of a mayoral debate.

I added some transitions – to page peel wqipes and some white flashes. And there is an animated into and outro.  In addition, there’s an animated lower-third roll-in graphic, over which I have placed a title.

There are green bars over rendered areas.

• 20. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                SardinasC Level 1

Started a new projects using some still phones.  On playback, no images in monitor. Clicked on monitor and got the first still image – but with the bounding box and crosshairs too.

Left clicking in timeline did not lose the box.

• 21. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

Thanks for the update.

I think that we have gone full circle back to the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issue that was mentioned back in post 4.

Best wait for the IT people to discuss your present computer operating system and rolling back your NVIDIA video card driver as per link that I posted earlier for your review and that of your IT people.

I do not think that the computer operating system change is going to remedy the basic Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver version issue going around. But, we keep an opened mind and let the details direct us.

What do you think?

ATR

• 22. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

I have an idea. Not sure if it will work or be a permanent fix, but it is worth a try.

We are going to delete the BadDrivers.txt file in Premiere Elements 10.0.

I am not sure what computer operating system you have now. For now I will give you the directions to the BadDrivers.txt file in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder is the Bad.Drivers.txt file that you delete.

In order to see the complete path above, you need to have Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drive active.

I suspect that your answer is going to be the roll back of the NVIDIA video card driver as mentioned previously.

I look for the Windows XP 32 bit route if that is what you presently have your Premiere Elements 10 running on.

ATR

Add On...In case you need it, the Windows XP 32 bit route to the BadDrivers.txt file is

Local Disk C

Documents and Settings

All Users

Application Data

Adobe

and in the 10.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

• 23. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                      SardinasC Level 1

OK…I’ll give it a try!  Thanks!

I wish it were that easy to get rid of all the bad drivers on the California freeways!

• 24. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                        SardinasC Level 1

I deleted the Bad Drivers file.

Also, I uninstalled the NVIDIA latest video card drive.

Still not getting proper playback.  The last frame of the opening  animation sequence displays through the entire video.  I do have audio, though.

• 25. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                          SardinasC Level 1

I have now deleted the Bad Drivers txt file two times – but it keeps reappearing when I go back into the Elements 10.0 Folder

• 26. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

Thanks for the updates. The BadDrivers.txt file will be regenerated new once you have deleted the existing one. So that is not a problem when it reappears. The big question is, after that BadDrivers.txt file deletion/regeneration, does your display problem go away? If not, then we need to get involved with the current Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issue and look at rolling back the NVIDIA video card driver as mentioned (please recheck earlier comments on that).

Have your IT people started working on your computer yet? I think that we need to bundle all this information for them and see what their hands on evaluation of your system indicates.

We will be watching for the results. Do not give up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 27. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                              SardinasC Level 1

No, the display problem remains.  I attempted to roll back the NVIDIA driver card, but don’t think I did it successfully.

• 28. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

I still think we need to go back to what was written early on in your thread, that is,

Windows 7 64 bit I found to be a good operating system for my Premiere Elements 4 through 11. But my video card is Intel HD Graphics, not NVIDIA.

I think it would be a good idea to refer your IP people to

my list of other cases.

Note, in the very beginning summary, there is a report by macasman with the 580...there the answer was a roll back to May 2013 (did not give a version number), and said 327.23 and 331.40 did not work.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

I am still hoping the macasman's results will lead the way to your success.

More later.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 29. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                  SardinasC Level 1

Hi A.T. -

I am on a temporary computer for a few days without access to Elements 10.  They are re-configuring my computer as a 64-bit, and then I will reinstall Elements and go from there.

Thanks for all of your help!

Best,

Chris

• 30. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Keeping positive thoughts for better and best for your new 64 bit computer setup and Premiere Elements.

Looking forward to the results.

ATR

• 31. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                      SardinasC Level 1

This is discouraging.   I have my 64-bit machine up and running – and I downloaded a new version of Elements 10 - but this particular video I’m working on still has the bounder box with the crosshairs in the monitor – and clicking in the timeline does not make it disappear.

Also…when I play the raw footage in the clip file, I get audio but the video screen is white.

Obviously there’s some kind of switch that needs to be flipped, but I don’t know which one.  Could this defect be permanently embedded in this particular footage?

• 32. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                        SardinasC Level 1

This is discouraging.   I have my 64-bit machine up and running – and I downloaded a new version of Elements 10 - but this particular video I’m working on still has the bounding box with the crosshairs in the monitor – and clicking in the timeline does not make it disappear.

Also…when I play the raw footage in the clip file, I get audio but the video screen is white.

Obviously there’s some kind of switch that needs to be flipped, but I don’t know which one.  Could this defect be permanently embedded in this particular footage?

• 33. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

When your IT people got your new Windows 7 64 bit operational, did that include sticking with you to assure that the Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA video card driver issues were looked at...rolling back driver version and such?

But, let me stop for a moment. I may have taken too much for granted. With this new Windows 7 64 bit system, do you still have the same NVIDIA video card? What specific video card does your new computer have?

Do you have any say as to what programs you can use on the Windows 7 64 bit computer? I ask with the thought of you downloading and installing Premiere Elements 12 tryout (for troubleshooting purposes only at this time) and determining if your Premiere Elements problems disappear or remain.

You wrote

Could this defect be permanently embedded in this particular footage?

Can you get any other source of video footage to rule in or out the problems being related exclusively to this one file or type of file? What happens to your problems if you import and bunch of jpg photos to the Timeline. Same problems?

Do not give up.

ATR

• 34. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                            SardinasC Level 1

I think I’m going to try the Elements 12 demo – because I can’t solve the problem with the crosshairs boundaries image on the scene – I can’t get it to go away – and while it’s up I can’t play back by video.

• 35. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

Sorry the news is not better.

See how the Premiere Elements 12 tryout works for you. You do not have to uninstall the version that you have installed now. Just use one program at a time.

Please let us know the outcome. The results will be rewarding one way or another since it will give us direction for further troubleshooting if needed.

Thanks for the update.

ATR

• 36. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                                SardinasC Level 1

Thank you. I couldn't find a free demo on Elements 12, so I'm downloading a demo on Premiere Pro to see ho that works.

• 37. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

Here is the link to the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 12.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_elements&loc=us

I do not advise using the Premiere Pro tryout to make decisions about a potential Premiere Elements 12 purchase.

Unless you are considering the Pro purchase, I would not detour in that direction at this time. The price tag difference is great. And, I believe that the Pro version can be purchased only on a subscription basis at this time; whereas, you can still make a purchase of Premiere Elements on the non subscription basis.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html

Whatever your decision, please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR

• 38. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                                    SardinasC Level 1

OK…thank you! Downloading now.   I tried working with Premiere Pro – on which I have prior experience – and I can get the timeline to display, or insert an edited clip.

Do you have an idea what may be causing it.  A fellow Premiere expert I’ve worked with says he can fathom it.

• 39. Re: Rendering Issue
                                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

SardinasC

Could you clarify? Was that a typing error...

You wrote

I tried working with Premiere Pro – on which I have prior experience – and I can get the timeline to display, or insert an edited clip.

Did you mean to write that you cannot get the timeline to display, or insert an edited clip?

As far as I have ever known these programs require Run As Administrator or being run from a User Account with Administrative Privileges. You seem to be in a business setting which may be impacting the permissions under which you can run. Are you doing the installs with antivirus and firewalls turned off?

Let us see how you do with the download of the free 30 day Premiere Elements 12 tryout from Adobe.

Thanks.

ATR

1 2 Previous Next