1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 4:47 AM by robdillon

video control on the timeline

palosverdes

I have a video clip on a layer in the timeline.  Does anyone know the actionscipt I place in the 1st frame of that layer that says...."Start playing video when the playhead gets to frame 27".  I need the first frame of the video to appear, then start playing with the playhead gets to frame 27.

• 1. Re: video control on the timeline
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Are you using an FLVPlayback component to hold the video, or is the video just embedded into the main timeline? If you are using the component, then you can set the component to be paused and then on frame 27 you can tell that component to play: instanceName.play(); where instanceName is the name that you gave to the component instance on the stage.

If you have the video just sitting on the timeline, you'll have to place it in a movieClip so that you can control it. Select the video in the timeline, right click and select "Convert to Symbol", make the selected video a Movie Clip and give it an instance name in the Properties window. In the timeline where the first frame of the video is located, place a keyframe in the timeline in your layer for actionscript. In that keyframe put: instanceName.stop(); where instanceName is the name that you gave to the movieClip instance. Then at frame 27 put another keyframe in the actionscript layer and put instanceName.play(); This will tell the movieClip that holds the video to play.

1 person found this helpful