Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide Timing

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
This may sound like a silly question but I have been wrestling with it for about an hour and am becoming somewhat frustrated. In Captivate 1.0, when I recorded audio over a slide. the timing of the slide matched the audio so that the slide appeared for the length of time it took to complete the audio clip. With Captivate 3, it doesnt appear to be this way. Am I going to have to adjust the slide timing for each individual slide or is there a setting that I am not seeing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2007 Dec 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jan

Sorry to hear about your struggle.

I just tested in Macromedia Captivate 1 and as you indicated, an audio clip recorded longer than the slide simply adjusts the slide time to match the new recording.

I then bounced over to Adobe Captivate 3 and performed the same test. I recorded audio on a slide that was twice the length of the slide. Just as I saw in version1, the slide timing was simply adjusted to match the recording duration.

I'm wondering if the following bits are nailing you. In Captivate 1, we simply click Audio and Record. But Captivate 3 offers new ways of recording. For example, the method I used in my test was to click Audio > Record > This Slide. I'm thinking that if you instead used Audio > Record > Project or Audio > Record > From this slide and you have the option "Continuous Play" enabled, that Captivate simply records as much audio as will fit on a slide, then places the next segment on the following slide and so on.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources