2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 7:40 AM by nealeh

Problem  laptop battery - Windows 8

Layla Sophie

Dear

First, I want to thank all the people who take the time to help others on various issues, which have a real active community.

I am contacting you because less than a month, I have a problem with a computer toshiba PA3536U-1BRS I recently acquired ( 9 NOV. 2013 ) .

This computer came with a version of Windows 7 but I decided to put

Update and install 64 bit windows 8 professional. The installation went smoothly

no problem.

However, after the installation , I see a problem with the battery. In fact,

it does not last more than 6H, with a very easy to use and by mode

the lowest management, namely Power4Gear battery saving . ( I want to say that I set it power to be the most efficient possible, for example by putting a CPU usage to a maximum of 40%). I said that my wife has the same computer ( windows 7 ) and easily get to have 9 hours of battery, which is close to 10h announced.

On utilities installed , I took the majority of utilities and drivers suitable for

Windows 8, available on the official website at the following address:

I also updated the BIOS and I passed under the 203 release.

Here are the technical specifications of this computer Fnac : http://en.ofweek.com/manufacturer/laptop-battery

I confess to being a little disappointed that the battery life is too low ... I think it comes from Windows 8.

That is why I ask you whether you eventually encountered the same problem or if you had any solutions , while avoiding board under Windows 7 in a first ...

Thank you in advance for your help ..

Sincerely,