This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
1. there's no need for those listeners unless you're using them elsewhere.
2. currentFrame should be _currentframe and totalFrames should be _totalframes
3. you're not loading into _level1: change mcHolder in your loadClip() method to 1.
4. there's no need to create any empty movieclips.
5. that if-statement will need to repeatedly execute.
6. you don't need to use unloadClip() if you change mcHolder2 to 1.
So other than the fact that my code was riddled with errors, it was fine!
After implementing your instructions, I created an interval that runs the if-then statement 10x a second, then cleared the interval immediately after the If statement.
One more question, though: the reason I was unloading the first movie was to clear up some memory. Are you saying that isn't necessary, since I'm now loading the second movie into a higher level?
it's not necessary to unload IF you load into the same target movieclip or same level. i was having you load into the same level (_level1).
OK, that's good to know. Thanks very much for your help -- the movie is working great now.