16 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2013 8:14 AM by SiberianSiren

I need exe file

SiberianSiren

I need to download the exe files to transfer to my home computer. My home internet connection is not fast enough for the installer.

• 1. Re: I need exe file
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

As far as I can tell, the only way to get the installer as a standalone (rather than streaming) is to order a disk through customer service, and I'm not sure if they can help.

• 2. Re: I need exe file
            SiberianSiren Level 1

Thanks Peter, I'm not sure they are "willing" to help. I have explained the problem to them repeatedly, but just keep getting a runaround. They did say I could download to a portable drive and then transfer to my home computer, but I have not found a way to do that. I'll be back on CHAT shortly to get more specifics.

• 3. Re: I need exe file
              Bernie X

Head to anywhere with a fast internet connection and get what you need in a jiffy.

• 4. Re: I need exe file
                SiberianSiren Level 1

I may just have to do that. It means dragging my home computer to the office and having our IT guy download everything for me then doing that everytime I need an update. Adobe has completely forgotten about its rural customers...or doesn't care.

• 5. Re: I need exe file

I think you may be missing the point here, Bernie. There is no standalone downloadable installer, as far as I know, that one can put on a disk and carry around to set up a machine with no internet connection (as there has been with previous versions), and the home computer isn't necessarily protable enough to drga around, even if there's a high speed connection available someplace else.

• 7. Re: I need exe file
                    SiberianSiren Level 1

Thanks Bob, I will look into this.

• 8. Re: I need exe file
                      Bernie X Level 1

Now that you've mentioned it, taking your PC (e.g., 5-10 lb tower) to work for a day sounds practical.  Your IT folks can get you connected in no time.  ProDesignTools seems a bit dubious.  Updates shouldn't warrant high internet bandwidth.

• 9. Re: I need exe file
                        Bernie X Level 1

Furthermore, if Adobe says you could download it to a portable drive and then transfer to your home computer then go that route.  They're implying that it can be done; the procedure for doing now just needs to be explained in detail.

• 10. Re: I need exe file
                          SiberianSiren Level 1

I agree that my slow connection should not preclude updates. I have downloaded the Application Manager which I am going to take home on my portable drive and try uninstall/reinstall and see if that fixes any issues...at least with the updates. After a LONG  aggressive chat with Adobe, they said they will email me within 2-3 days with a solution...we'll see.

On a side not, has nayone else had their credit card numbers stolen since the securty breach? I have had it happen twice. Just updated my card for the third time.

• 11. Re: I need exe file

Thanks Bob,

I'd forgotten Pro Design Tools had loaded direct links.

And, Yes, they are an Adobe Partner, and 100% reliable and safe.

• 12. Re: I need exe file
                              Bernie X Level 1

I'd stay away...It's woefully convoluted (install 7zip...what?).  If this was a practical solution for this circumstance, I'm sure the Adobe customer support would have mentioned it.

• 13. Re: I need exe file
                                BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It's 100% legit.

All you need to do is search the forum for prodesigntools and you will

indeed find Adobe staff members pointing to links on that site.

• 14. Re: I need exe file
                                  SiberianSiren Level 1

Thanks for all the assistance everyone. I have downloaded the Trial apps from the Prodesigntools site to my portable hard drive and will try to install tonight on my home computer. As for Adobe Customer Support...I had one support staff tell me I could download to my portable hard drive and another tell me I could not...so clearly they don't always know what they are talking about.

Now if I can just keep the hackers from stealing my credit card for the third time...

• 15. Re: I need exe file

SiberianSiren wrote:

I had one support staff tell me I could download to my portable hard drive and another tell me I could not...so clearly they don't always know what they are talking about.

Boy is that ever the truth. It has been my understanding that disks are available, at a nominal charge, IF you get to the right people to ask, precisely for folks like you. Sometimes you just need to keep asking for a suprevisor untill you get through to someone who isn't making things up as they go along.

• 16. Re: I need exe file
                                      SiberianSiren Level 1

Update: The trial versions from Prodesigntools would not install. The error message says they appear to be counterfeit, not genuine Adobe products. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the Adobe Application Manager and I was finally able to download Photoshop CC, which of course took all night due to my slow connection, but at least now it is possible. I just need to remember to downlaod or update all my software at night when I will not be using the computer.