3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 2:18 AM by Numediaweb

Arabic text appearing incorrectly in Photoshop CC when working with PSD created in previous version

A_omry Level 1

Hi. I'm working with PSD files that were originally created in Photoshop CS5 and they contain English text. Now I want to open them with Photoshop CC ME and add Arabic text.

So I've gone to Preferences > Type > clicked the "Middle Eastern and South Asian" radio button

Then from the main menu I selected Type  > Language Options > checked "Middle Eastern Features".

I see the Middle Eastern features in the Paragraph and Character panels. However, if I create a text box and paste in Arabic text - the text is corrupt. The characters are not connected and their appearence is incorrect.

I've double checked that I have right-to-left selected in the Paragraph panel and in the Character panel I have both "Standard Ligatures" and "Contextual Alternates" selected.

When I open a new file in Photoshop CC and paste the same text into a newly created text box - it works fine. The Arabic appears perfect. The issue is only when working in a file that was previously created in an earlier version of Photoshop.

If I move a text box from the new PSD created in CC to the other PSD created in CS5 - all is good. However this work-around is far from Ideal, since I need to work in the existing text boxes.

Does anyone have an idea how to enable proper appearance of Arabic text in Photoshop CC in a file that was created in a previous version?

Thanks!