2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 1:02 PM by Peter Spier

Indesign CS6 for Windows 7 does not functioning as descript in reference book!

Schahin Farnia

Dear Sirs,

I have bought a new Adobe Creative Suite 6, Design & Web Premium, ordered 9/16/2013. I was happy because I knew I could use InDesign CS6 to write my books and publishing in Farsi but I discovered very soon that the program has not Arabic and Hebrew features at all. I have taken several pictures as evidence for my claim and it can be sent for evaluation. So I went to reference book for InDesign CS6 and studied carefully all about "Text". My new InDesign CS6 missing all about I need. It is really shocking!!! It seems to me just like I should buy a Mercedes Benz car without engine!!!!!!

I have contacted both supplier and Adobe for help but no one reply me. The supplier advised me to the technical department but no reply from "so called" technical department.

I have a contract with my publisher for delivery of several pages a week but I can't do it because of shortages of all fratures I need in Indesign CS6.

I use Acer 8943G with Windows 7.

After 60 days, still my product code No. has not been registered by Adobe, why????

My supplier name is: IVMshop, 5800 Ambler, suite 210, Mississauga, ON L4W4J4.

I will be very happy if I could get help to solve my urgent problems.

Thanks in advance.

Schahin Farnia

[Personal info removed]

Message was edited by: Peter Spier

• 1. Re: Indesign CS6 for Windows 7 does not functioning as descript in reference book!
          Joel Cherney Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There's actually an entirely separate version of InDesign, called InDesign ME, that is the "Middle East" edition that has all of the features you need. I can't tell if you were shipped a wrong product, or if you bought the normal English edition when you meant to purchase the ME Edition.

However, you should note that you're in a user-to-user forum, and not communicating directly with Adobe. So perhaps we could ask a forum moderator to remove your personal information from your post?

I have found the InDesign help files to be very misleading on this issue. So, if you actually have a license for the English edition and not the ME edition, and you cannot easily exchange one for another, I would suggest the purchase of a third-party plugin "World Tools" from in-tools.com. I find the interface for right-to-left features to be much better in the World Tools plugin than in the ME edition offered by Adobe. The "ScribeDOOR" plugin offered by Winsoft is cheaper than World Tools, but its interface is once again kind of clumsy.

• 2. Re: Indesign CS6 for Windows 7 does not functioning as descript in reference book!
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I've also passed this up the food chain in hopes someone who CAN help will contact you.