• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Flashplayer 11 in Windows 7 using either Chrome or Firefox

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer goes all the way through the installation process, says to finish and then enjoy using flashplayer, but then the program is no where to be found.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has its own proprietary Flash Player plugin ("PepperFlash") which you can neither install nor update via Adobe. It functions independently of the ActiveX plugin for IE and the standard plugin for Firefox.
Also, Flash Player is a "plugin" and not an application so you won;t see it in your Start menu or in Program Files folder. You will see it in Firefox by clicking Tools>Add-ons or pressing Ctrl+Shift+A and clicking the Plug-ins tab on the left.

There you can see if the plugin is activated, and allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you. I didn't know that about Chrome.

However, my problem is with IE (not Firefox) .

IE, in Manage Add-ons, shows that Shockwave Flash Object is enabled--not sure if that is FlashPlayer.

If so, then it really is a puzzle. Why can't I view some online vides -- which say that Flash Player must be installed -- because it is installed, and enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

That will show you how to disable ActiveX filtering, which screws up a lot of Flash content accessibility in IE. ActiveX controls are the Number 1 (top dog) reason I don't use IE at all for anything other than testing new webpages for compatibility. They're a "throwback" to 1993 (Windows 3.1) that, for some inconceivable reason, Microsoft REFUSES to let go of. NO other browser uses them anymore, and they haven't since Mozilla broke away from Netscape in 2001, and started using the Gecko Runtime Environment as an engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines