we discovered a potential bug or issue in photoshop:
under daily working conditions, 8h per day, during the last months/year i can observe the following behavior:
suddenly, at any action, the photoshop interface (all palettes, windows, everything) freezes and doesnt react on any mouse or button command. can wait for minutes, nothing happens.
found workaround: switch to finder by clicking with mouse pointer into the finder desktop,
and switch back to photoshop > interface is back and reacts again, everythings fine.
condition of bug: very annoying but can live with it so far through my workaround
frequenzy: several times a day (up to 20 or 30 times per day)
- reproduceable on mac osx 10.7 + 10.8 + 10.9
- reproduceable with photoshop cs6 and cc
- reproduceable on 3 different macs at 2 different working places so far
- mac pro 2006, mac pro 2012, imac late 2013 with each mac 48GB RAM or at least 32GB RAM (imac)
- reproduceable with 8 bit and 16 bit files, .psd and .psb
If I remember correctly, and that is not always the case, I think that is a bug in Apple OS. Currently the cursor just dissapears and you have to do what you say to get it back.