5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2013 1:53 PM by A.T. Romano

burning photos to dvd

compagnie

Is it possible to burn photos (not videos) to a dvd using Premiere Elements 12?  If it is, can someone tell me the step by step process?  I would also like to make a contact sheet of the photos burned to the dvd.

• 1. Re: burning photos to dvd
          the_wine_snob Level 9

One can create a SlideShow of Still Images, and then Burn to DVD-Video, but I do not think that is what you want, as it would "play" like a Video on a computer (DVD software player), or a set-top DVD player.

It sounds like you wish to create a DVD-Data disc, which will not "play," but will contain all of your Still Images. This disc will NOT be playable on a computer, or DVD player, but will allow one to access the individual Still Image files for printing, or viewing with an Image Viewer.

For that, you can use any number of DVD burning utilities, such as ImgBurn*, and just burn the selected Still Image files to create the DVD-Data disc.

If I have missed what you want to do, please let us know and good luck,

Hunt

* When installing ImgBurn, or any utility, pay SPECIAL attention to the installation, so that you do not also install a lot of toolbars, or other things, that you do not want.

• 2. Re: burning photos to dvd
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons

• 3. Re: burning photos to dvd
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

You wrote

It sounds like you wish to create a DVD-Data disc, which will not "play," but will contain all of your Still Images. This disc will NOT be playable on a computer, or DVD player, but will allow one to access the individual Still Image files for printing, or viewing with an Image Viewer.

Please check out the part "This disc will NOT be playable on a computer,....."

If I burn a bunch of jpg photos to a DVD disc as Data Disc with 3rd party software (example Nero), I can play those photos back on the computer as a slideshow using Windows Live Photo Gallery, either clicking on its icon "Slideshow" or using the keyboard short for the Slideshow F12.

Did you mean something else by what you wrote?

ATR

• 4. Re: burning photos to dvd
                the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

It will not be playable, as with a DVD-Video, and a DVD software player, as described above.

Now, depending on the "Image viewer" (also mentioned the post), one can do all sorts of things, but neither a DVD set-top player, or a DVD software player will "play" the DVD-Data.

I can also "play" Still Images in a "slideshow" with ThumbsPlus (one of my favorite Image Viewers and cataloging programs), but it is not a DVD software player. It is an Image Viewer and cataloging program, with come other capabilities, like minor Image editing.

Hunt

• 5. Re: burning photos to dvd
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Thanks for the clarification on your original post details on jpg photo DVD disc and generalized computer software for its playback.

ATR