1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2013 12:17 PM by Mylenium

Masking Tool Problems...

WaRR28586

Hey guys im kinda new to after effects. I was at my cousin's home when we got the wild idea of doing something with after affects. So on using the "pen tool" for masking , we encountered this problem. No solution So pleeeeeeeeeeease help. I've posted a video on what happens.

THESE ARE THE PROBLEMS : 1. THE COLOUR INSIDE THE MASK AND OUTSIDE IS DIFFERENT ! MAKES IT ODD !

2. ONLY THE THING INSIDE THE MASK IS SEEN SO TYPICALLY , ME WALKING INSIDE THE MASK ISNT SHOWN ! I WANT TO BE VISIBLE !

3. THE BLINKING WHEN THE VIDEO IS PLAYED !

Im kinda new so please help :/

http://s17.postimg.org/ykhx5lxgv/to_adobe_pic.png

• 1. Re: Masking Tool Problems...
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You seriously need to watch a tutorial on masking (or AE basics in general for that matter). The mask is not animated, so it can't follow you arround. That's what the stopwatch is for. The color difference is probably simply different (auto-)exposure on your camera. The rest could be technical problems, but we know nothing about your computer, your footage sources and all the otehr annoying details. Well, whatever. As I said - watch some tutorials.

Mylenium