9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 1:07 PM by A.T. Romano

Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file

Skarpeid

Hi,

I've downloaded the Disc Menu Theme "Christmas" into my Premiere Elements 12 project.

In this menu I want a song to play in the background, so I imported the song into the Audio part of Menu Background adjustments.

However, the duration is not possible to adjust. It's "stuck" on 13 seconds.

Is this duration set by the menu theme or is it possible to adjust it in any other way?

• 1. Re: Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Through PrE 11, the Menu Audio Duration had been 29 sec.. What is the Duration of the Audio, that you are using, or attempting to use in your Menu?

Unfortunately, my PrE 12 is still sitting in the box, so I cannot comment on any change to Menu Audio Duration, that might have changed, but other users can report whether Adobe has changed that Menu Audio Duration, in the newest version.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file
            Skarpeid Level 1

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the information.

The audio is a song of 2 min. I did not expect that the whole song could be used but 13 sec was a bit too short in my opinion.

In the main menu, the audio duration is set to 13 seconds and in the sub menues (scenes) the duration is 30 sec.

30 sec is quite ok.

As I understand the disc menu themes is the only way to make disc menus within PrE 12, so if I want to create my own I have to use another software, right?

Best regards,

Trond Skarpeid

• 3. Re: Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Trond Skarpeid

This is not a problem specific to Premiere Elements 12 and all menus.

The problem that you have is related to how the Christmas background in the  main menu .psd file was created. Its creation is based on a video file with the duration of 13.4 seconds, not a still image.

Your answer could be to replace the original video being used with one that has a duration of 29.29 seconds or to take the original video and extend its duration from 13.4 seconds to 29.29 seconds.

Your target is the christmas_w_mm_bg.mpg or christmas_hd_mm.bg.mpg file in the Christmas Folder in the route

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Premiere Elements

DVD Templates

All_Lang

Holiday and Events

(V) Christmas

The file duration can be altered in Premiere Elements and exported as Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG PAL whether you are NTSC or PAL based.

More details later today if you are interested.

This is an easy one to fix.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

(This has been road tested by me.)

• 4. Re: Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file
                Skarpeid Level 1

Thanks A.T Romano!

I will try that out tomorrow and of course let you know the outcome :-)

Thanks,

Trond

• 5. Re: Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Now that the Duration of Menu Set Audio in PrE 12 has been established (thanks ATR), perhaps this Tips & Tricks article will be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2595185#2595185

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Skarpeid

Going back to my defining of the issue, there is one more possible "fix". That might be...in the Movie Movie customization area, replace background (the .mpg movie of the falling snow) with a Still of a winter scene, then add your audio (menu does not come with audio). Then you will get the allotment of 30 seconds looping (29 seconds and 29 frames)  for your audio duration which is characteristic of the menus that you are used to with the Still backgrounds.

I will have all this written up in detail later today.

ATR

• 7. Re: Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Skarpeid

I just published the blog post with the details of Holidays and Events/Christmas disc menu theme and the 13.4 seconds main menu audio duration you encountered.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe11-and-12-christmas-disc-main-menu.html

Please check it out, and let me know if you have any questions on anything that I have written.

Hope it works for you as it appears to be working for me.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file
                        Skarpeid Level 1

Hi ATR,

It seems to be working perfect.

I'm burning the disc now and I am really exited to see the result on my Blu-Ray player.

The blog post you published was really easy to follow :-)

You may add the path to the videofiles to be altered in your blog, as you did earlier in this thread for others to easily find the files.

Thank you so much!

Trond

• 9. Re: Disc Menu theme and duration of audio file
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Skarpeid

Thanks for the update and that the suggestion is working for you.

Also, many thanks for the note on

You may add the path to the videofiles to be altered in your blog, as you did earlier in this thread for others to easily find the files

That was part of the work in progress note at the bottom of the blog post. But, glad you reminded me. I just updated the blog post to include that path information for Windows 7, 8.0, and 8.1 64 bit (the information that was posted in your thread here earlier). I will work through the path details for the Windows 32 bit systems. I do not have a Mac computer, so all Mac to Windows translators welcomed on that.

Continued success. Interesting question.

ATR