5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2007 8:15 AM by Sjoerd_

    Weird error after upgrading to Flex3 b3

    Sjoerd_
      Hello,

      I installed beta3 succesfull then i found out my serial wasn't working anymore, so i deinstalled beta3 and installed beta2 again. The following weird error appeared when im trying to build:


      Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id

      ERRORS:

      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: IUITextField. Dashboard Unknown 1197649742046 1828
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: IUITextField. Dashboard Unknown 1197649743205 1830
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: IUITextField. Dashboard Unknown 1197649743282 1832
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: IUITextField. Dashboard Unknown 1197649743287 1833

      WARNINGS:

      3596: Duplicate variable definition. Dashboard/Components DashboardMenu.as line 222 1197649743231 1831
      3604: Grid has been deprecated. Instead, please use the constraintRows and constraintColumns properties of containers that implement IConstraintLayout, such as Application, Canvas, and Panel. Dashboard/Components MetricsContainer.as line 15 1197649743186 1829

      After this i deinstalled beta2 and reinstalled beta3 but still same error,
      i cant go to any code, what went wrong?

      -Sjoerd
        • 1. Re: Weird error after upgrading to Flex3 b3
          sharonma Level 1
          Hi Sjoerd,

          Which platform are you on? Are you using the Plugin or Standalone verstion? If you're using Plugin version, did you install FB 3 Beta 3 to the same copy of Eclipse as your Beta 2? Also, do you launch the FB 3 Beta 3 build in a new workspace or same as FB 3 Beta 2? Did you follow the instructions on http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_3:Release_Notes#Uninstalling_Flex_Builder to unintall of Beta 2 and Beta 3?

          thanks,
          Sharon
          • 2. Weird error after upgrading to Flex3 b3
            Sjoerd_ Level 1
            Thanks for the reply sharonma,

            When i switched workspace or create a new project in the existing workspace there is no error. Only on my current project. I cant recall where it came from, since there is no line number im lost!

            Im running Standalone version on Vista x86 and deinstalled as the instruction descriped.

            Thanks in advance,
            Sjoerd
            • 3. Re: Weird error after upgrading to Flex3 b3
              sharonma Level 1
              Hi Sjoerd,

              You can try the following:
              1. Quit FB. Look in the install directory of the standalone version of FB and locate FlexBuilder.ini.
              2. Open FlexBuilder.ini in a text editor and add one line to the top of the file:
              -clean
              3. Save the file and launch FB. This should fix your problems.
              4. Quit FB. Edit the FlexBuilder.ini file again and remove the -clean option. Save the file. You should be OK now.
              5. For the projects that you see the error, you may need to clean each of them (Project-> Clean...)

              thanks,
              Sharon
              • 4. Re: Weird error after upgrading to Flex3 b3
                Sjoerd_ Level 1
                Thanks for the reply sharonma,

                Only it didn't work,

                You can try the following:
                1. Quit FB. Look in the install directory of the standalone version of FB and locate FlexBuilder.ini.
                C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\FlexBuilder.ini
                2. Open FlexBuilder.ini in a text editor and add one line to the top of the file:
                -clean
                -vmargs
                -Xms128m
                -Xmx512m
                -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
                3. Save the file and launch FB. This should fix your problems.
                Same errors
                4. Quit FB. Edit the FlexBuilder.ini file again and remove the -clean option. Save the file. You should be OK now.
                5. For the projects that you see the error, you may need to clean each of them (Project-> Clean...)

                Tried Clean also between steps.

                -Sjoerd
                • 5. Re: Weird error after upgrading to Flex3 b3
                  Sjoerd_ Level 1
                  Oke i got it fixed now, deinstalled everything, removed my project, reinstalled everything, updated project from CVS and now the errors are gone.

                  Thanks for the helping,

                  -Sjoerd