3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2013 6:49 PM by Todd_Kopriva

I cannot remember the name of the effect I used

kornbif Level 1

Hello,

I'm sure this is simple, but I have not been able to find, the name of an effect/animator I used on text in my AE file. I already picked an effect on an older composition and I like it and would like to reuse it but cannot remember what it was called and do not want to go through allll the effects to find out which one it was. I tried copying and pasting the key frames from the old existing text but that didn't work.

Is there a way to see the name of the effect used on a layer?

• 1. Re: I cannot remember the name of the effect I used
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

If you were actually referring to an effect, then---yes---you would easily be able to see the names of all effects applied to a layer.

But you are apparently not referring to an effect but to an animation preset. There is no way to determine after you have applied an animation preset what one you applied, since it's just an arbitrary collection of property values.

If you post an example of the result, someone may be able to help you to identify which animation preset could have created such a result.

• 2. Re: I cannot remember the name of the effect I used
            kornbif Level 1

Ok, I will just look through them and find it, that's ok. Would you happen to be able to answer another question? This one is a little more involved.

I am using the slider tool to blur a set of numbers up from 0 to 2.9. Initially, I had the issue that the numbers entered had four decimal places  (ex. 2.1253 ) I only needed one decimal place. I found this expression to round up.

Math.round(effect("Slider Control")("Slider"))

Unfortunatey, this shows no decimal places and I need to just show one decimal place but cannot find an expression online that is word for word the expression I need.

Basically I need to go to the tenth decimal place. so from 0 to 2.9, do you know the exact expression for this?

• 3. Re: I cannot remember the name of the effect I used
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I'm locking this thread since you posted a duplicate thread here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1337393