3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2013 7:14 AM by A.T. Romano

problems with an older version

Tay85

hi, I have an old version of adobe premier elements the number 7 to be precise, that has stopped working from one day to another. He tells me that there is a fatal error and closes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but nothing changes. I carry out the installation with its original cd but nothing. I have not changed anything in the PC. how can I do? thanks

P.S. the program initially had also started to not keep a record of the serial number that I had to enter each time you start

salve, io ho una versione vecchia di adobe premier elements la numero 7 per la precisione, che ha smesso di funzionare da un giorno all'altro. Mi dice che si verifica un errore irreversibile e si chiude. L'ho già disinstallato e installato nuovamente più volte ma non cambia nulla. l'istallazione la effettuo con il suo cd originale ma nulla. Nonho cambiato. come posso fare? grazie

p.S. il programma inizialmente aveva iniziato anche a non tenere in memoria il numero seriale che dovevo inserire ad ogni avvio nulla nel pc

• 1. Re: problems with an older version
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is SOMETIMES related to a Windows Update causing a DLL change which makes your graphics adapter driver version obsolete

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

-If Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: problems with an older version
            Tay85 Level 1

The graphics adapter is a GeForce 9300 have upgraded it but unfortunately it does not work

• 3. Re: problems with an older version
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tay85

1. Computer Clean Up/Optimization

Go to Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/7.0 and clean out the Adobe Premiere Elements Previews File Folder. Do the same for the Media Cache Folder in that location.

Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and hit the Clean button in

Media Cache Database area.

Then go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks, determine where all the Scratch Disks are directed to and how much free space is at that location.

Let us know the results.

2. Depending on the results, we next may do

a. Deletion of Adobe Premiere Elements Pref file or the whole folder in which it exists...path in Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 64 bit...

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements 7

and in the 7.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Pref file that you delete. Make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path. If that does not resolve the issue, then delete the whole 7.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

b. if "a" does not work then....

uninstall, ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner components), and then reinstall.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

3. Always make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer and that you are running the program as Run As Adminstrator or from a User Account With Administrative Privileges.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR