3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 2:05 PM by station_two

Photoshop CS5

bclark53

Recently while working on photos my CS5 has shutdown on me unexpectedly and for no apparent reason.  I have also noticed that in the adjustments the numerical values will all of a sudden gray out.  I can still make adjustments but I have to use the mouse and I cannot type any values in or use the sliders.  What I have been doing to correct this is restarting CS5 and that sometimes works but it is temporary.  Sometimes I have to turn my computer off to correct this.  Does this mean that I need to reinstall my CS5?

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS5
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We can't know. you have not provided any relevant technical info like system specs or the crash logs. Reinstalling may fix it, but then again it may not. This could be a graphics or input device driver problem or a wrong region & language setting... Well, whatever, we can't know based on what little we know about your system.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS5
            bclark53 Level 1

Sorry, I will do what I can.  I am running on a PC, english language, US.  Windows 7 with 352 GB free of 457.  Don't really know what more you would need?  There really isn't any crash logs, at least that I can find, all I get is a message saying that Photoshop is going to shutdown and withing seconds it does.  What else can I provide you with that will help?

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS5
              Level 5

bclark53 wrote:

…What else can I provide you with that will help?

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!