2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 10:16 PM by CountingToes

MacBook Air 11 inch frustration

CountingToes

Hello, I just bought an 11inch mac air and tried to install flash 11, it seems that the computer thinks its installed yet it doesnt work when i try to use it on a site or do the adobe blank box test. I checked the specs and it seems that my air is only 1.3Ghz and flash needs 1.8. Ive attempted to find an older version to install but cant. Can anyone please either tell me how to make it work or where to find an older version.
      Thank you very much
      CT

• 1. Re: MacBook Air 11 inch frustration
          Mike M Level 6

If your MBA is brand new, it has a 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache.
          That's a "hyperthreaded" processor, which functions as a quad core, but that's not even needed to meet the requirements.

1.83gHz is the minimum speed for a single core processor, which almost NO computer has these days.

Your MBA has a net speed of 2.6gHz, and with hyperthreading it functions at the speed of a 5.2gHz single core processor.

If you have successfully installed Flash Player, check your Safari Preferences under Security. "Allow Plugins" should be checked

2.jpg

• 2. Re: MacBook Air 11 inch frustration
            CountingToes Level 1

Thanks Mike, was tearing my hair out for hours, but finally got it working, not sure how. Cheers for taking the time to replyBest

[removed personal information]