2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2013 1:20 PM by DDcreams

Greetings, Asking for Opinions

DDcreams Level 1

I have been out of web development for many years.... because as much as i love flash... it needed to go.

I have been playing around with edge animate now and love it.

Here is what i have going on so far for a personnal website, its not done by a long long as i plan to program a game inside the dead area ( on a mouse input machine, moblie is diff )

Anyways i wrote a simple javascript "engine" to encapsulate adobe edge programs ( download and use it u want i dont care heh ) all it does at the moment is chose which version to display, currently off if touch input is availible.

Long story short i just want to know what u all think ( hobbyists and pros alike ), i've never posted here or anywhere for web dev so don't roast me for seeking input....

Future plans for the lil engine i made on saturday include browser screening to do an adobe free backstage ( fallback, old computers hate adobe edge, androids tend to stall with edge ), audio support ( in-part waiting on adobe to see what they do ) and image galleries for stuff ive done.

Image gallery will probly be php tied into edge.

Thanks in advance Matt, Be kind...

www.digitaldreamcream.com

www.dd-c.us for lazy ppl

• 1. Re: Greetings, Asking for Opinions
          sarhunt Adobe Employee

Cool, thanks for sharing!

One thing -- your site mentioned Animate doesn't support mobile devices. This isn't the case. We actually have mobile-specific features such as swipe events and touch events and content created is intended to run on mobile browsers that support modern web standards.

Cheers,
          Sarah

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Greetings, Asking for Opinions
            DDcreams Level 1

Oh i completely know that, but understand when i had to call adobe because of the android issue, (which is repeatable, i dont call anyone unless i can't sort the issue myself), they told me they dont offically support moblie, so features are great but offical support is critical.

There was confusion with a support ticket, i stand corrected "Mobile is Offically Supported"