Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yahoo Stattracker

Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a message when clicking on Yahoo Stattracker that I need to dowload Flash Player 11 even though I have it already installed and enabled.   I am currently running on Windows 7 operating system, with IE 11 and with Adobe Flash Player 11

on the same PC, I can open the Statracker using Google Chrome with no problem.  only issue is with IE 11.096

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome uses its own proprietary Flash Player plugin ("PepperFlash"). It functions independently of the ActiveX plugin in IE.

Try enabling Compatibility view. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Personal rant: IE11 is just the latest "problem child" in a long, long, long series of "problem child" browser releases from Microsoft. I stopped using it for anything but testing webpages (so I can see what I need to "tweak" to make IE display them properly) more than 10 years ago. It's FULL of security holes, slow and "buggy". Chrome is a little bit better but it's a MAJOR resource hog, opening a new and separate process for each tab and each plugin in that tab. Opera, Safari or Firefox would be a much better choice than Chrome or IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike M.  You are the man!  Adding yahoo.com to the Compatibility view work!!  I have been trying to fix this problem for weeks.  I will take your advice and try Firefox as well, I just always thought IE would run best on a Windows computer.  I am sure others are having this same problem with Yahoo Stat Tracker and this solves the issue.  This is a Fantasy Football tool that makes Yahoo fantasy Football much more fun. Thanks Again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines