2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2014 7:16 PM by civillobo

Yahoo Stattracker

riofrioj

I keep getting a message when clicking on Yahoo Stattracker that I need to dowload Flash Player 11 even though I have it already installed and enabled.   I am currently running on Windows 7 operating system, with IE 11 and with Adobe Flash Player 11

on the same PC, I can open the Statracker using Google Chrome with no problem.  only issue is with IE 11.096

• 1. Re: Yahoo Stattracker
          Mike M Level 6

Chrome uses its own proprietary Flash Player plugin ("PepperFlash"). It functions independently of the ActiveX plugin in IE.

Try enabling Compatibility view. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Personal rant: IE11 is just the latest "problem child" in a long, long, long series of "problem child" browser releases from Microsoft. I stopped using it for anything but testing webpages (so I can see what I need to "tweak" to make IE display them properly) more than 10 years ago. It's FULL of security holes, slow and "buggy". Chrome is a little bit better but it's a MAJOR resource hog, opening a new and separate process for each tab and each plugin in that tab. Opera, Safari or Firefox would be a much better choice than Chrome or IE.

• 2. Re: Yahoo Stattracker
            civillobo

Mike M.  You are the man!  Adding yahoo.com to the Compatibility view work!!  I have been trying to fix this problem for weeks.  I will take your advice and try Firefox as well, I just always thought IE would run best on a Windows computer.  I am sure others are having this same problem with Yahoo Stat Tracker and this solves the issue.  This is a Fantasy Football tool that makes Yahoo fantasy Football much more fun. Thanks Again!