6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2013 7:34 PM by Dave is pissed

I can't upload to youtube, authorization problem on Premiere Elements 9 and 12.

What the hell do I do? Can someone explain this in an understandable way. As simply and specific as possible without sounding all mumbo jumbo technical?

• 1. Re: I can't upload to youtube, authorization problem on Premiere Elements 9 and 12.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Remember this is a user to user forum and not Adobe. If you have problems here, then contact Adobe direct. Don't bite the non Adobe salaried helpers.

The answers are in the details. And, I am going to ask for details as straight forward as possible. And, please excuse questions which seek to gather the information that you alone have.

1. Is this a "it worked before or not now problem" or "it never worked before". If it worked before, how long ago?

2. Have you checked the integrity of your Internet connection and settings?

3. To check the integrity of your YouTube account, please export your Timeline as a .mov or .mp4 file and save it to hard drive. From the hard drive upload it to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Does that upload succeed?

4. If you sign into YouTube at the YouTube web site, minimize that window, open Premiere Elements and try the Online/YouTube route, does that impact the issue?

5. Are you having any other problems with the performance of these two versions except for the Online/YouTube?

If need be, I will offer to do uploads from Online/YouTube on my Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and 12 to verify that Adobe and/or YouTube is not asleep at the switch.

Can you help me help you?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I can't upload to youtube, authorization problem on Premiere Elements 9 and 12.
            Level 1

Hey! Thanks for responding A.T.! Yes I understand you guys are not adobe

employees and are just helping out, thanks. I think I read one of your

posts right after I posted that question. I can upload from the youtube

site. Thanks for that! For the time being its a lifesaver. That was great

advice and I simply did not think of it as I am not really an expert,

although I understand that is very simple and known by probably everyone.

1. Yes it used to work. I have a login problem with too many emails I

think. I can sign into adobe, but I can't upload to my youtube from adobe.

It sucks but after photoshop.com ended and having multiple youtube pages I

guess I am locked out.

Thanks again. And for the record, I was pissed, but not at you guys. Your

response was very much appreciated.

• 3. Re: I can't upload to youtube, authorization problem on Premiere Elements 9 and 12.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Thanks for the reply. Glad that the file upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site worked out OK. Great news.

The authorization problems for YouTube accessed via Premiere Elements Online/YouTube are indeed disturbing.

Since you wrote last I came across the following May 2013 thread on the same subject. The story had a happy ending. You might want to take a look at it to see if it can be of any help to you.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5309256

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: I can't upload to youtube, authorization problem on Premiere Elements 9 and 12.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Any progress to report on YouTube authorization?

Please let me know if you want me to do some test runs here to verify that YouTube, Online/YouTime, is at least working via my Premiere Elements when yours isn't. If we both cannot get through the process at the same time, then that gives us direction on where the flaw is in the system.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: I can't upload to youtube, authorization problem on Premiere Elements 9 and 12.
                  Level 1

I really appreciate the response back. thanks. Right now I am so busy I

don't have the time to fix the problem or waste time figuring it out. I was

however extremely grateful for the simple alternative you offered of going

to youtube and uploading there. Its amazing, I have editing skills which I

taught myself, but technical simple stuff escapes me sometimes. I feel like

a dummy seeing the upload icon on youtube and not figuring it out. But

honestly sometimes people don't give a simple solution to a problem. you

did, thanks. One day I will figure out that problem and let you know, but

just know for now, that simple basic answer to my problem that i read from

you really meant a lot. Thank you seriously.