3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2013 10:29 AM by Steve Grisetti

Bad output from Premiere Elements

donna.farley43@gmail.com

I've tried every option but consistently the DVDs burned with my videos from Premiere Elements 11 are out of focus.  this makes this software useless for me.  I'm now using Photoshop Elements to generate slide shows and importing them into another video software to burn onto DVDs.  What's wrong with this software???!!!

• 1. Re: Bad output from Premiere Elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Much depends on much.

What are you using for your source footage? If photos, have you ensured that your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels, per my book and our forum recommendations?

What are your project settings, as listed under the Edit menu?

Finally, check out this article on why DVD vs. photo resolution.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1187937?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Bad output from Premiere Elements
            donna.farley43@gmail.com Level 1

The problem isn't just that the resolution isn't as good as the source materials.  It is totally out of focus and looks like a 3-D picture before you put on the glasses.  My premiere 9 worked beautifully but version 11 is awful.  I am still using the same input as I did with version 9, which is mostly photos with some video.  As a matter of fact, most of it is Photoshop elements projects, which should work well with Premiere.

My project settings:  editing mode -- HD 1080i (the default, I think)

video frame size 1920x1080

What other settings are you're looking for? 

For the project I've just been working on, I ended up doing it in Windows movie maker, and I got fine results with much less effort.

I'm about to shop for another video editor.  But I like the richness of options offered by Premiere and its link with elements, so would prefer to stick with it.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Bad output from Premiere Elements
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Okay. But if you decide to come back to Premiere Elements, we'll be glad to guide you through the process.

Meantime, if you're just looking for a terrific, easy to use slideshow maker, check out Pro Show Gold.