3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2013 12:01 PM by SG...

Transparent 3D lathed objects

Proudfoto

I am not finding a way to make the original pen created object, that is rotated around 360 degrees, transparent.  When the resulting transparent 3D object is rendered, there is an opaque representation of the original profile.  You can rotate the object in the scene to put the profile in the back, but it will still interrupt the object's refraction and shadows.

• 1. Re: Transparent 3D lathed objects
          SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

It sounds like you made the Extrusion Material transparent, but left the 4 other materlals at 100% opacity. Is that the case, or are you still seeing the profile shape with Inflation and Bevel materials opacity set to 0%?

regards,

steve

• 2. Re: Transparent 3D lathed objects
            Proudfoto Level 1

Bevels and inflations are absent as they are set to 0% width/strength.  I did though set all five materials to the same 32% opacity as the Extrusion Material as you suggest and it rendered as before. BTW, I am using the "Plastic Acrylic (Blue)" preset in Photoshop CC.

Goblet.jpg

Edit: Pardon my bull-headedness, but I set the front and back Inflations to 0% opacity, as you actually suggested, and the profile disappeared. Thank you!

Goblet2.jpg

• 3. Re: Transparent 3D lathed objects
              SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

Nice looking revolve; glad you got it working. Applying a material preset is a great shortcut for tranparent objects, but it doesn't account for 360 resolves to 'hide' the other face materials.

regards,

steve