3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2013 10:30 AM by ckmarietta

Automatically Assign an ID Number?

ckmarietta

I am using FormsCentral to create new student applications for a school. I'd like to automatically assign each submitted application an ID number. How do I do that?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Automatically Assign an ID Number?
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

Sorry, currently FormsCentral does not support this.

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Automatically Assign an ID Number?
            HomeJames Level 2

Others may have a better solution - but in the absence of answers previously, I think of the response table as an Excel worksheet and do the following;

Once your form is created and distributed let the first couple of submissions flow in.

Now (as Form Author) view the responses table.

Look at the Menu on the upper right and choose Table ~ Add Column after

The new column wil be created with a default name like Column1 (Like Excel you can double click and change that name)

In the row relating to the first received submission, in the Column1 cell, enter the first number you want incremented e.g. 1

On the row relating to the second received submission, in the Column1 cell, enter the formula =sum(Column ID letter and Row Number+1) e.g. =sum(A1+1) and press enter

It'll auto populate the rows below with a number incremented by 1 (or your chosen increment)

Does the job for me

Now, let's stand back and await other ideas / suggestions! Good luck.

• 3. Re: Automatically Assign an ID Number?
              ckmarietta Level 1

Thank you so much! That's perfect!