• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFDocument is broken in CF8 on my machine

Advocate ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently set up a new workstation and decided to install CF8 on it. I had previously been working with CF7, and everything had been running correctly on my development machine. Now whenever I try to generate a PDF using <cfdocument> I get the following error:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An exception occurred when performing document processing.

The cause of this exception was that: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfContentByte.createGraphics(FFFFLcom/lowagie/text/pdf/FontMapper;)Ljava/awt/Graphics2D;.

The error occurred in C:\webroot\test.cfm: line 1

1 : <cfdocument format="pdf">
2 : test123
3 : </cfdocument>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else had this error before? I've installed the latest hotfix for CF8, but no luck.

The only other thing I can think of is I have another version of itext package installed on the server (becuase the version that shipped with CF7 was not the latest version and I needed some features from the newer iText version). The newer version is packaged as com/lowagie_new/ instead of com/lowagie to avoid conflicts with the version that shipped with CF7. The set up worked fine in CF7. I can even implement iText objects in CF8 and use them - its just the CF document functionality that is broken.

I still get the same error when I try to run cfdocument if I remove the new iText package from the machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008
I figured it out when I moved to a new machine. The problem had something to do with the Fonts management portion of coldfusion. On my last machine (the one with the error) the Font Management tab of the CF administrator was blank. On my new machine, the Font Management tab lists a boat load of fonts and the cfdocument functionality is restored.

problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out when I moved to a new machine. The problem had something to do with the Fonts management portion of coldfusion. On my last machine (the one with the error) the Font Management tab of the CF administrator was blank. On my new machine, the Font Management tab lists a boat load of fonts and the cfdocument functionality is restored.

problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

was it a 64-bit Windows Server by any chance?

I'm having the same issue (same error message) only with 64-bit Windows servers (32-bit servers are fine).

also, registering fonts via CF admin on 64-bit servers does not work.

if you have any info that can help resolve the issues I'm having, would you please let me know?

thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had a similar issue in the beginning after i installed cf8 dev
edition: it picked up only a small sub-set of fonts installed on my
laptop. cfmx7 on the same laptop had all the fonts listed.
in cf8 admin you can add more fonts in the Font Management section by
pointing to a folder containing the fonts (i.e. C:\Windows\Fonts)

hmm... i just went to check that, and was presented with an error "
Element Candara is undefined in a Java object of type class
coldfusion.util.FastHashtable." on the Font Management page in my cf8
admin... better go check what's going on...

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation