4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2013 8:02 AM by niner54

centering photos when printing

niner54

How can I get photos to print centered on photo paper when using borders?  I always end up with a large area on either the right or the bottom, no matter what I do.  They print this way even if they show fine in Preview.  Very puzzled.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: centering photos when printing
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I'd have thought that a function of the print driver.  Have a good look round Print Settings in the print panel, and see if you have any margins or borders set.  Maybe reset to defaults if possible.

• 2. Re: centering photos when printing
            MikeGondek Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Check your paper feed that the paper guides are tight, for the best alignment. Unless you have a borderless printer, there will always be one edge where the gripper grabs the paper where you cannot print as far up to the edge.

Ifyou do have a borderlss printer, you might want to turn on borderless printing as in the last screen shots of this post.

http://www.thehybridchick.com/borderless-printing/

• 3. Re: centering photos when printing
              niner54 Level 1

Thanks.  Although, this didn't solve my problem, it did give me another idea.  I just used my iphoto program and a border option in it.  It is more centered but not completely.  The borders are more even, just 1/8th of an inch smaller on one side.  If I go borderless, there is no problem.  The old app allowed me to enter border dimensions, this new one does not, but has a lot more things I can do with the photos.

• 4. Re: centering photos when printing
                niner54 Level 1

I do have borderless option, but sometimes I like to have a nice border.  I found that the iphoto app has a border choice, so tried that.  The photos are more centered with just a slight 1/8 inch difference on one side.  Not sure what to do about that.  Thanks for your suggestion.  I'll play around with photoshop more and see what I can come up with for borders.