Flash Player Beta Channel Update
The latest Flash Player 12.0 builds are now available. You can download Flash Player here: http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta.
With this release, we are introducing a new numbering scheme for our product versions. Adopting the pattern set by Google with Chrome and Mozilla with Firefox, we will simply update the major version number with each subsequent release. In other words, beginning with the release of "Jones", Flash Player will become Flash Player 12. With each new major release, roughly every 3 months, that number will increase by one.
- Mac .pkg Installation Support – Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date is a critical task for system administrators worldwide. In Flash Player 11.9 we added .pkg support for ease of deployment. In Flash Player 12, we've incorporated feedback from system administrators to improve the workflow and UI.
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Support - Microsoft has released IE 11 on Windows 7 and we plan to officially support this in Flash Player 12
- Safe Mode in Safari 6.1 and higher - Safari 6.1 includes an updated version of Safari with Safe Mode, which implements new security restrictions on the operation of browser plug-ins. To the extent possible, we've adapted Flash Player to transparently handle these changes. A small number of behaviors will change in the context of Safe Mode and are explained in the Known Issues section below.
- 64-Bit PPAPI Flash Player for Chrome - We'd like to encourage those interested in 64-bit Flash Player for Chrome to please download the latest build available in the Chrome Canary Channel.
- Graphics: Buffer Usage flag for Stage3D - We've added a new enum Class called Context3DBufferUsage which defines two constants, STATIC_DRAW (default) and DYNAMIC_DRAW. These constants specify how buffers will be used in Stage3D. We've also added a new parameter, called "bufferUsage", to the constructors of VertexBuffer and IndexBuffer. This "bufferUsage" parameter uses one of the constants form Context3DBufferUsage, which will allow you to select the appropriate buffer type according to your needs.
This release focuses on enhanced premium video capabilities and new platform support. We're looking for feedback on stability and compatibility with existing content on these new platforms.
- [Mac] PKG Installer - The current Flash Player on OS X must be uninstalled before testing this build. This is resolved in 18.104.22.168 and higher. 
- [Adobe Access] When playing a .video with no audio, video is not displayed. 
- [Mac] Attempting to install Flash Player on an unsupported OS version using the .pkg installer will now produce a more useful error message.
- [Mac] Attempting to downgrade Flash Player using the .pkg installer will now produce a more useful error message.
- [PlayTo][MSFT 496578] Resolves an issue where Ads not using H.264 encoding caused PlayTo chaining to break
- Multiple stability and security enhancements
About the Beta Channel
Beta Versions of Flash Player are now available for automatic installation via our Background Update service. Please subscribe to automatically install or receive update availability notifications at runtime.
If you would like real-time notification for announcements related to the Flash Player Beta Channel, please subscribe to our Twitter feed @FlashPlayerBeta, or Follow the Flash Player Beta forums by choosing Follow This Forum from the right-hand menu on the Forums page.