1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 3, 2006 2:30 PM by Newsgroup_User

Posting binary data with postNetText?

Applied CD Level 1
      Does anyone know how to post binary data (JPG files) using postNetText? I need to simulate the <input type=file> tag in Director. I already have the ASP script to handle the upload, I just need to get Director to send a properly formatted post. I’ve seen the vList xtra’s base64 encoder but I need the files to be saved on the server in a “ready-to-use” format, ie: there’s a matching email that the projector will send out with links pointing back to these uploaded images. I know FTP’ing the files with directFTP would be easier but it’s not an option for us, the client’s IT department has closed port 21.
        • 1. Re: Posting binary data with postNetText?
          Level 7
          Check the 4th option in the reply to your previous post.

"Applied CD" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e8bmhd$1no$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Does anyone know how to post binary data (JPG files) using postNetText? I
          > need
          > to simulate the <input type=file> tag in Director. I already have the ASP
          > script to handle the upload, I just need to get Director to send a
          > properly
          > formatted post. I?ve seen the vList xtra?s base64 encoder but I need the
          > files
          > to be saved on the server in a ?ready-to-use? format, ie: there?s a
          > matching
          > email that the projector will send out with links pointing back to these
          > uploaded images. I know FTP?ing the files with directFTP would be easier
          > but
          > it?s not an option for us, the client?s IT department has closed port 21.
          >