Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS3 Register Now/Later Screen not loading

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 10.7.5

I have been using the CS3 products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) every day for many years at work.

Working fine yesterday.

Try to use them today, the register now/later screen won't load properly (blank screen) so I can't select either option and can't use the apps. We usually "register later" without issue whenever it appears.

Any suggestions on what's causing the issue? Console logs aren't useful.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Hit the same thing, I found a work around.

1. Disconnect your internet.

2. Start CS3

3. You'll get an error screen, click "never register."

Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 10.6.8

I'm experiencing this same issue! I've even uninstalled and then reinstalled the software to see if it would help, but no. And after 45 minutes of waiting on the phone for customer service, I was told that my version of PS (CS3) was no longer supported, so I could check the forums.

Originally, I bought the design suite while under a student license in 2006.

This is the second computer I've used the suite on (the laptop died), and, like you, I've been hitting the "register later" button for a while on this computer.

Maybe it will clear up as quickly as it happened.... Probably not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem as you both - have you figured out a work-around yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Start CS3

Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir (or madam!) are an effing legend! Thank you. This works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BIG THANKS MAN! YOU ARE THE LEGEND! AND YOU SAVED MY DAY! REALLY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gortmend, You have saved me a afternoon of torture, Thank you so very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 3 machines on our network do the same thing, one machine fixed and 2 to go, this worked, I have cs 6 instlled on some of them and thought there was a license issue, uninstalling and reinstalling will not fix it, only disconnecting from the internet, this ruined our morning, thanks a million for the solution.... wonder what prompted this to happen???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could see how that would have worked before i used Mackeeper to uninstall my PS CS3. I need to re-install the program and then I can use the keycode to re-register. I was hitting the register later button just to be lazy. that didnt pay off, huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gortmend,

Thanks so much... you're a lifesaver!  Wish I had checked the forum before wasting my time with Jaspreat in India.

Mr. Jaspreat said he couldn't tell me over the phone (per Adobe policy regarding phone assitance with CS versions older than 1 update old) how to fix

the problem but that he knoew the answer was on the forums... Shame on Adobe for pulling this bs!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gortmend wrote:

2. Start CS3

Hope it works for you.

gortmend -  you should be proud of yourself.  Adobe came out with a Help docuement late today http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/blank-registration-screen-cs3.html

Issue

When launching a CS3 product on MacOS 10.6-10.7.5 a blank screen for registration appears but does not load as expected.

Solution

At this time Adobe recommends following these steps:

1. Disconnect your internet connection by disconnecting the cable or an equivalent solution.
  2. Relaunch the application.
  3. On launch an error message should appear but prompts to "Never Register" should be available.
  4. Click the option to "Never Register" to continue using the software.
  5. Reconnect your internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some hope that this might work when I get to the computer having the problem. User communities can work great. My biggest problem is describing the problem using the right key words. I spent 30 hours and followed a lot of wrong leads before finding this thread. Thanks.

Later.... I have now tried the fix and it appears to have worked. I only regret having not happened upon this answer earlier.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"gortmend -  you should be proud of yourself.  Adobe came out with a Help docuement late today http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/blank-registration-screen-cs3 .html"

Aw, shucks. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be worthwhile to be sure that you are not still connected to the Internet. My machine will connect to my Wifi router if the Ethernet cable is disconnected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am sure that I am in no way connected. Thank you though.

Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:41:38 -0800

To: pink_panther4u@hotmail.com

Subject: Photoshop CS3 Register Now/Later Screen not loading

Re: Photoshop CS3 Register Now/Later Screen not loading

created by rebob in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussion

It would be worthwhile to be sure that you are not still connected to the Internet. My machine will connect to my Wifi router if the Ethernet cable is disconnected.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5867628#5867628

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop General Discussion at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, gortmend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

This works... what a relief... I literally was on support copying your question word for word as this happened to me... noticed the dates? I too, being in business was completely shut down till this was resolved!!!

gortmend gets the trophy!!!

I want to marry you Gortmend!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all of you! And "rebob," I beg your pardon... I didn't even know my router was working! I was still able to logon to the internet even after disconnecting it from my computer. As soon as I disconnected the router too, and ensure I was indeed off of the internet, it worked the first time! Thanks again!

Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 13:01:24 -0800

To: pink_panther4u@hotmail.com

Subject: Photoshop CS3 Register Now/Later Screen not loading

Re: Photoshop CS3 Register Now/Later Screen not loading

created by All Things Creative in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussion

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

This works... what a relief... I literally was on support copying your question word for word as this happened to me... noticed the dates? I too, being in business was completely shut down till this was resolved!!!

gortmend gets the trophy!!!

I want to marry you Gortmend!!!

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5868398#5868398

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop General Discussion at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to add to the chorus of thanks to gortmend! This was the first option that came up in my search and worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gortmend,

I have tried your work around but when I hit the NEVER REGISTER button, nothing happens - the screen stays there and nothing changes.

I have disconnected the internet as you suggested and turned off the router however the problem still exists.

Am I doing womething wrong or missing something?

Desperately seeking a resolution!!

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what happens if you dont registar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big thanks gortmend, it worked like a dream!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines