Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to backup Robohelp 7 projects

Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to backup up a RoboHelp 7 project?
Assuming:
All project folders and files are under one folder, on a local drive
Backup must be placed onto a network drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hardlyworking

Nothing is simpler than popping Windows Explorer open. Then copying the source folder and pasting to the destination.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope Rick won't mind me adding that you might find it quicker to zip the source folder and copy the zip file to the network. I find it can be quicker than copying the unzipped source.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes I DO mind, Mr. Man. How dare you think I would want anything other than a wonderfully valid and helpful additional suggestion to be offered up in such a cheeky manner! The nerve!

Absolutely I would be greatly offended had you not felt you could offer up more helpful stuff. After all, to me, that's what a community should be all about.

Nice seeing ya pop in my friend! And happy HannuChristmaKwanzaaYule! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

The Network could come tumbling down, too.

Ever hear of a CD burner?

(I'm told there's some question whether a CD will last forever, because none has been known to do so, so far.)

And yes, zip first unless you have reason to believe zip technology won't be backward-compatible when you need the data.

I've got a stack going all the way to ... July 2002.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp